Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD extension confusion

Hi Everyone,

I have a complicated situation so please bear with me.

EAD expiry: Aug 30 2019
    L2 I94 expiry: June 11 2020
    Per husband's company lawyers, can file for extension for L1 and L2 only after December (apparently the rule states cannot file before 6 months from expiry).

I am currently working and will need to get my EAD renewed. What is the earliest I can apply for extension? Also, given the current visa ends in June 2020, I assume the extension would only be given until then. In which case, I would again need to apply for renewal post L1/L2 extension - given they will only file for extension in December, I am not sure when we can expect the decision and then I doubt I would have enough time to again go through L2 EAD extension approval before expiry of the extended EAD in June 2020.

Any thoughts on how best to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Neha

Originally posted by surananeha View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have a complicated situation so please bear with me.

EAD expiry: Aug 30 2019
    L2 I94 expiry: June 11 2020
    Per husband's company lawyers, can file for extension for L1 and L2 only after December (apparently the rule states cannot file before 6 months from expiry).

I am currently working and will need to get my EAD renewed. What is the earliest I can apply for extension? Also, given the current visa ends in June 2020, I assume the extension would only be given until then. In which case, I would again need to apply for renewal post L1/L2 extension - given they will only file for extension in December, I am not sure when we can expect the decision and then I doubt I would have enough time to again go through L2 EAD extension approval before expiry of the extended EAD in June 2020.

Any thoughts on how best to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Neha
    You are right on time. Apply for EAD extension right now - you'll get new EAD in ~5 months with end date as June 2020.

Then at the time of L1 extension, file for L1, L2 & EAD all together (if possible under Premium) - you'll get response for all 3 almost at the same time.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks!

Per the USCIS website, I can apply for EAD renewal not earlier than 180 days before expiring. So I will apply in March 1st week.

My husband's company will be handling the L1 and L2 renewal but not cover for EAD extension. Any idea if I can file it separately at the same time giving some reference to the extension application?

Comment

Per the USCIS website, I can apply for EAD renewal not earlier than 180 days before expiring. So I will apply in March 1st week.
        Thats what I said. Right on time.
        My husband's company will be handling the L1 and L2 renewal but not cover for EAD extension.
        Any idea if I can file it separately at the same time giving some reference to the extension application?
        Yes, I don't think any company will cover L2-EAD.

But they can certainly help you - you be ready with all your documents & they can combine your application along with L1 renewal. Or if you have an outside attorney, you can talk with attorney directly, pay him his fees & ask him to file everything together.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X