Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1b blanket category - can I get new visa stamp just before L1 visa expiry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b blanket category - can I get new visa stamp just before L1 visa expiry ?

L1b blanket visa category;
    Visa expiry date - 13 Feb 2020;
    I94 expiry - 30 Nov 2021;
    I797 - petition valid indefinitely;

I understand I cannot renew/extend until 6 months before I94 expiry date. But I might have to travel outside US after 13 Feb 2020. To accomodate this: 1)can i get a new visa stamp around Jan 2020 by travelling to my home country?
    2)Would the new visa stamp be valid for (5 yrs - time spent in US?
    3) if the new stamping gets rejected, can I re-enter US with the existing L1B stamp which says 13 Feb 2020?

Originally posted by shruthiash View Post
    1)can i get a new visa stamp around Jan 2020 by travelling to my home country?
    Yes.

2)Would the new visa stamp be valid for (5 yrs - time spent in US?
    No one can really say that with surety. Also it depends on your application as well (organization need to mention dates).

3) if the new stamping gets rejected, can I re-enter US with the existing L1B stamp which says 13 Feb 2020?
    Yes, you can still re-enter if the visa is still valid.
    However, if they reject your stamping application, most probably they will cancel your current visa as well - if I would at your place, I won't take that risk.
    Last edited by Libra_14; 01-19-2019, 01:31 PM.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

[QUOTE=Libra_14;593798]
      L1b blanket visa category;
      Visa expiry date - 13 Feb 2020;
      I94 expiry - 30 Nov 2021;
      I797 - petition valid indefinitely;

I understand I cannot renew/extend until 6 months before I94 expiry date. But I might have to travel outside US after 13 Feb 2020. To accomodate this:

Yes.

No one can really say that with surety.

Yes, you can still re-enter if the visa is still valid.
      However, if they reject your stamping, most probably they will cancel your current visa as well - if I would at your place, I won't take that risk.
      What options do I have? At sone point of time, I have to get it stamped right? And I face the same risk every time the question of stamping comes. Is my understanding correct?

Comment

[QUOTE=shruthiash;593813]
        Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

What options do I have? At some point of time, I have to get it stamped right? And I face the same risk every time the question of stamping comes. Is my understanding correct?

Comment

At some point of time, I have to get it stamped right? And I face the same risk every time the question of stamping comes. Is my understanding correct?
          Thats what I meant, delay the risk as much as you can, if you are not confident. In the total tenure of 5 yrs of an L1B, one will have to go stamping 2 times (one initial & one extensions). If you are not planning to visit outside USA, you can avoid one.

If you are confident that you'll get the visa - go ahead.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X