Abandoned K-1 Visa Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned K-1 Visa Questions

Hi all, newbie here and I have a few questions regarding the K-1 Visa. the visa process went very well and I went to the USA, but left the country just before my Visa expired. I did not marry my fiance while I was over there but we do intend on getting married in the future (why I abandoned my K-1 is personal and I don't wish to explain why on here. but I still love this person and want to have a future with them). I do have some questions though.

1. Are there negative consequences for abandoning a K-1? Will I be scrutinized or will it look suspicious? ours went very smoothly the first time..

2. Can I actually apply for one again? I am ready to explain honestly to the embassy why I abandoned the first one.

3. How long does my fiance have to wait to apply again/apply for a i-129f (for me, not anyone else) after me leaving the country?

4. Is my fiance able to visit while we're doing this process or not really? Are they able to visit me before they apply?

5. Would it be easier to get a I-130 and then a CR1? I'm still new to this alternative. But I heard this takes over a year. I even heard 2 years somewhere? Because of the amount of time it takes it almost makes me want to do the K-1 all over again. (I've also heard of the subclass 300 which is an Australian visa)

6. If I want to do this, should I seek legal advice? Is there anyone I can contact that could help?

Feeling a little on the stressed side here. i appreciate any help I can get. thanks everyone.
    Last edited by P_132; 01-21-2019, 09:31 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X