Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer to another office after the interview - is that common?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer to another office after the interview - is that common?

I went to my interview in September and the officer told me that my green card was approved and that I would receive my card within a month. However, after a couple of weeks I received a notice stating that my case was transfered to another office (in Texas). It has been 4 months since the interview now. When I called USCIS, they told me that the case was being processed. Is this transfer to another office after the interview common? Does my case have a problem?

I really appreciate any help.

Originally posted by Mger View Post
    I went to my interview in September and the officer told me that my green card was approved and that I would receive my card within a month. However, after a couple of weeks I received a notice stating that my case was transfered to another office (in Texas). It has been 4 months since the interview now. When I called USCIS, they told me that the case was being processed. Is this transfer to another office after the interview common? Does my case have a problem?

We too are in same boat. We had interview in Oct and waiting since then. We get same response from USCIS that case is being processed. Its really painful and never ending wait .

Comment

Did they give you a paper note which starts and ends with "Congratulations on becoming a permanent resident" and did they punctured your EAD / advance parole card right at they end of the interview?

Comment

Did they give you a paper note which starts and ends with "Congratulations on becoming a permanent resident" and did they punctured your EAD / advance parole card right at they end of the interview?

Comment

Most likely scenario is that your priority date is not current and your case was transferred to the Texas Service Center until your date becomes current. You should be able to check this by comparing your priority date against the visa bulletin date for your category.
          Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
          AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
          DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
          DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
          DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
          DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
          DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
          JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
          FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
          FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

Hi. We are going through the same scenario. We had our interview in Nov 2019 and the interviewer did not give any answer on our GC, and it has been around 3 months, the case has been transferred to a new Jurisdiction in NBC, MO. every time i look at the status , it says : Case has been transferred to a new jurisdiction". Did any of you guys got your green card yet or had a new interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X