Aging out (f4 visa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aging out (f4 visa)

I'm worried about our case. My aunt filed for us in 2006. I was 11 years old at that time. On 31st December 2009, NVC sent us a letter saying that they do not have visa numbers available for us. I kept on checking the visa bulletin on NVC's website. In December 2018, our priority date appeared in the Final Action Dates. We have paid the fees. My name appeared in the invoice. I am now, almost 24 years old. Am I still eligible to emigrate with my parents?

Priority date: 24th of April, 2006
    Date of Birth: 27th of April 1995

Originally posted by Min1796 View Post
    I'm worried about our case. My aunt filed for us in 2006. I was 11 years old at that time. On 31st December 2009, NVC sent us a letter saying that they do not have visa numbers available for us. I kept on checking the visa bulletin on NVC's website. In December 2018, our priority date appeared in the Final Action Dates. We have paid the fees. My name appeared in the invoice. I am now, almost 24 years old. Am I still eligible to emigrate with my parents?

Priority date: 24th of April, 2006
    Date of Birth: 27th of April 1995
    When was the I-130 approved?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      When was the I-130 approved?
      We were sent one but it wasn't received and so we emailed them. They sent us a copy by email and asked us to take action with a year. The email was sent to us on 24th of January 2019.

We submitted our visa application fees the very next day.

Comment

We were sent one but it wasn't received and so we emailed them. They sent us a copy by email and asked us to take action with a year. The email was sent to us on 24th of January 2019.

That is not what newacct was asking for. You need to mention your I130 acceptance date. You will qualify under CSPA as long as your age is less than 21yrs. + days your I130 was pending. Days your I130 was pending = I130 acceptance date - Your priority date.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

This email you are talking about is probably from the time when a visa number became available. But that is different from the date the I-130 is approved. The I-130 usually takes no more than a few years to approve after filing, whereas the wait for visa numbers in the F4 category is 13+ years. So the I-130 was probably approved many years before a visa number became available. What matters for CSPA is the length of time between when the I-130 was filed and when the I-130 was approved.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Something wrong here Priority date for F4 category for India is June 2004 - how you can pay fees for 2006 for F4 category - so please recheck your date and category so some one answer correctly.

Comment

Hi everyone . I am experiencing the same situation right now. My aunt filed a petition for her brothers and sisters in 02/1997 and we recently got a mail regarding the processing of IV. My cousins and I are all included in the online processing and are subject to pay the IV fees but we are all over 21 years old so we are wondering if why are we still included in the IV processing fees? Does that mean we are eligible for CSPA? I am currently 27 years old .

Here are the details

Notice date june 14 1997
              priority date feb 1 1997
              birthday apr 20 1992

Comment

I heard that priority date for F4 category for India is June 2004, but I am not familiar in that case now

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X