Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a permanent resident take his son (age 21+) with him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a permanent resident take his son (age 21+) with him?

I have a relative who is a US citizen, she applies for her mother(age 60) for permanent residence. After a year her mother and her brother (age 26) both went to US. I want to know if this is possible that a mother(permanent resident) can take her son (age 21+) with her.

Originally posted by raheel134 View Post
    I have a relative who is a US citizen, she applies for her mother(age 60) for permanent residence. After a year her mother and her brother (age 26) both went to US. I want to know if this is possible that a mother(permanent resident) can take her son (age 21+) with her.
    No. If the brother is unmarried, the mother could petition the brother as soon as the mother enters the US with her immigrant visa. An unmarried over-21 child of a permanent resident is in the F2B category, which has a wait for visa numbers of about 6.5 years (longer for people born in Mexico or the Philippines). The US citizen could also petition the brother directly, which would be in the F4 category (regardless of whether he is married or not), which has a wait of around 13.5 years (longer for people born in India, Mexico, or the Philippines).

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X