B1 Visa status shows Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa status shows Administrative Processing

My Visa interview with US Consulate in Chennai was on Jan 31. After a few questions, VO told me that your visa has been approved. However, when I checked the status online, it shows Administrative Processing. The last updated date is the date of interview.

I just wanted to know if Administrative Processing is a default status before issuing the Visa

Originally posted by aslampk View Post
    My Visa interview with US Consulate in Chennai was on Jan 31. After a few questions, VO told me that your visa has been approved. However, when I checked the status online, it shows Administrative Processing. The last updated date is the date of interview.

I just wanted to know if Administrative Processing is a default status before issuing the Visa
    Yes, you may consider it as a default status before the final issuance of visa in your case

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you may consider it as a default status before the final issuance of visa in your case

Comment

I had interview on the same date at Chennai consulate and my application is also stuck in administrative processing.

Did you get any further intimation ?

Comment

Originally posted by visahelp008 View Post
        I had interview on the same date at Chennai consulate and my application is also stuck in administrative processing.

My status still shows Administrative Processing. Strangely, the passport status has changed to "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

Comment

Any updates for you??

Comment

No update for me. I am seeing the same status for last 10 days.

Comment

No update for me. I am seeing the same status for last 10 days.
              Please let me know when you get any update. I will also update you. aslampk(at)gmail.com

Please let me know what message you get when you track your passport.
              Last edited by aslampk; 02-10-2019, 05:41 AM.

Comment

I am seeing different status at different places :

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-ni...ck.asp#options - "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"
                [email protected] - "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."
                CEAC website - "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days."

Comment

I am seeing different status at different places :

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-ni...ck.asp#options - "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"
                  [email protected] - "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."
                  CEAC website - "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days."
                  We are on the same boat. You applied for Business visa? If yes, when is your travel date?

Comment

Yes I applied for B1 and my travel date was 18th Feb which does not seem to fit in the timelines any more. When is your travel date ?

Comment

Yes I applied for B1 and my travel date was 18th Feb which does not seem to fit in the timelines any more. When is your travel date ?
                      The conference that I want to attend is on March 15. So, I have some time. Did the Visa officer told you that your visa has been approved during the interview?

Comment

Yes he did. So I assumed it will take less than a week to get the visa.

Comment

The conference that I want to attend is on March 15. So, I have some time. Did the Visa officer told you that your visa has been approved during the interview?
                          My visa status has changed to Issued now.

Comment

Congratulations !! Did you get a mail or was it passport tracking or CEAC website ?

Comment

Congratulations !! Did you get a mail or was it passport tracking or CEAC website ?
                              Thanks. I think mail will come only when the passport is ready for pickup. I got to know through CEAC website. The passport status is "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery"

Hope you will also hear a positive status soon.
                              Last edited by aslampk; 02-11-2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X