Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 adjustment of status- Interview

Hi

My I-485 adjustment of the status interview was held in Dec 2018 and subsequently, they have asked for new evidence. My attorney has just submitted a RFE response and now I will have to wait for their final decision. Does anybody know how long it takes USCIS to make a final decision?

Originally posted by rajask View Post
    Hi

My I-485 adjustment of the status interview was held in Dec 2018 and subsequently, they have asked for new evidence. My attorney has just submitted a RFE response and now I will have to wait for their final decision. Does anybody know how long it takes USCIS to make a final decision?
    What evidences they asked?

Comment

Originally posted by trungtran View Post

They asked for the medical exam report and my job status.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by trungtran View Post

They asked for the medical examination report and my job status.

Comment

I693

Hi did they ask for medicals cause the validity expired or cause you had not submitted initially and did not have medicals during the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by GC2019 View Post
          Hi did they ask for medicals cause the validity expired or cause you had not submitted initially and did not have medicals during the interview.
          Because the validity of my medical exam report had expired.

Comment

Originally posted by rajask View Post
            Because the validity of my medical exam report had expired.
            @rajask..Can you please help me here as am in the same situation. When was your initial medical report date and how long was the validity?
            Are they considering the old reports with the current 2 years validity or still considering it as 1-year validity .
            Last edited by KG2019; 02-17-2019, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Medical validity

Originally posted by KG2019 View Post
              @rajask..Can you please help me here as am in the same situation. When was your initial medical report date and how long was the validity?
              Are they considering the old reports with the current 2 years validity or still considering it as 1-year validity .
              Medical validity is one year.

Comment

Medical report validity is two years but the it must not be more than 2 months old at the time of filing.

Comment

My case was somewhat similar. My previous medical report was more than 1 year old at the time of my interview (Dec 2018). I took a new report with me. The officer told me that new report was not needed as now the reports are considered valid for 2 years. I anyway submitted the new one since I had it. If you look at the USCIS website info related to this, any medical report submitted before Nov 2018 (can't remember the exact date right now), is valid only for a year.

I would recommend playing it safe and taking a new report if your earlier report is more than 1 year old at this point in time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X