Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor VISA denied - sister-in-law Help please

Hi,

We live in USA and have green cards. Recently, our sister-in-laws (my brother's wife and my wife's brother's wife) applied for visitor VISA and it was denied. We simply want them to visit USA and we purchased airline tickets for their 3 months visit. They are coming alone (not with their family) as their husbands do not like to travel and kids have to be in school. We are responsible for their trip financially and we prepared all the documents based on recommendation here (Invitation letter, airline tickets, i-134, my employment letter, bank documents, pay stubs etc.). At the interview, consular asked simple questions like who is inviting you, why do you want to go to USA, and why your family is not going with you. They answered everything properly but VISA was denied and letter says their intention does not match the type of VISA they have applied for meaning not enough strong case for their return after trip. Consular did not see any of the supporting documents that we had sent. Not sure how we can strengthen their case? I wanted them to try at least one more time before giving up. They both are home makers, have family in INDIA (husbands and kids). Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

There is one thing I'd like to add: when I filled DS-160 I requested for 2 months but the flight tickets were for 3. Could this be in issue? of course I plan to make everything consistent next time.
    Last edited by alpha1976; 02-06-2019, 10:32 AM.

Some more details:

Husbands own lands and work and live in India. Both have kids (one has a kid 10 years old and other one has two 26 and 20 years old). Both have never been abroad before.

Not sure how we can show strong family ties as consular simply asked why are their families not going and that is all. They simply replied - their spouses work and kids either have jobs or are in school and can't be away fro 3 months. Suggestions please?

Comment

Can anyone help please?

Comment

No one can be 100% sure about what could have cause the denial.

DS160 for 2 months & interview requesting 3 months could be an issue - but its just a guess.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          No one can be 100% sure about what could have cause the denial.

DS160 for 2 months & interview requesting 3 months could be an issue - but its just a guess.

Thanks. Yes I am correcting it this time. I could have filled new DS-160 but thought it would be OK as on DS-160 it says 'intended arrival'. Anyway I am fixing it this time and looking for suggestions where we can do more.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha1976 View Post
            Thanks. Yes I am correcting it this time. I could have filled new DS-160 but thought it would be OK as on DS-160 it says 'intended arrival'. Anyway I am fixing it this time and looking for suggestions where we can do more.
            Intended arrival is a date by which you are planning to reach USA. I guess the question was for your intended stay duration.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X