Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 missing a child

Hello,
    I applied for a green card for my father (submitted I-130) and it is currently in process. It has not yet been approved. I have visited him recently and I have found out that he has another child which I did not know about when I filed I-130. Since I-130 had a question about all children/spouses, I think I filled it out incorrectly, i.e not completely. Is there a way to amend/add to it while it is pending? I don't want to send another I-130 since I would lose my priority date. Any advice? Thank you!

Originally posted by nakhmerova View Post
    Hello,
    I applied for a green card for my father (submitted I-130) and it is currently in process. It has not yet been approved. I have visited him recently and I have found out that he has another child which I did not know about when I filed I-130. Since I-130 had a question about all children/spouses, I think I filled it out incorrectly, i.e not completely. Is there a way to amend/add to it while it is pending? I don't want to send another I-130 since I would lose my priority date. Any advice? Thank you!
    Just bring a supplemental page to your interview and supporting documents. You can tell them that you did not know about the child, you are not petitioning for them, but you are providing their information. You can try to send it in now, but sometimes USCIS doesn't put it in the file properly and you still have to bring it to the interview.
    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X