Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i apply for a OCI card for Daughter who is in india now on an E-tourist visa ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i apply for a OCI card for Daughter who is in india now on an E-tourist visa ?

I am an Indian citizen and my daughter is US born... I am travelling to India on an emergency so i took E-tourist visa for my daughter... Whike our stay in India can i apply for OCI card ? how long does it for approval and can i stay in Indian once approved after 60 days since her E-visa is valid for 60 days only.

?

Originally posted by junju1987 View Post
    I am an Indian citizen and my daughter is US born... I am travelling to India on an emergency so i took E-tourist visa for my daughter... Whike our stay in India can i apply for OCI card ? how long does it for approval and can i stay in Indian once approved after 60 days since her E-visa is valid for 60 days only.
    Why not?

Comment

This is tricky . When you submit OCI , you would need to send your US passport as well , which is usually returned in just few days. Also all the applications are verified at US Embassy (based on your address) and sent to india for printing the OCI . When applied from US , it takes 3-4 days for them to return the US passport and 35-40 days to get the OCI , assuming that you have all they wanted. Also Fedex / UPS works great with in US . If you had to file the application from india , any thing can go haywire & i dont think ckgs would own any responsibility .

Comment

Frro

Please search this forum. There are answers. You need to apply at the regional FRRO. Go in person and submit the application. That works best in India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X