Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a biological filipina mom adopt her adult US son who was adopted as a child?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a biological filipina mom adopt her adult US son who was adopted as a child?

My mom gave me up for adoption to a family friend when I was 2. I have since become derived citizen and am now 45, US army for 8 years and married to a US Citizen for 25 years. I have reconnected with my biological family for the past several years (with proof) and want my bio mom to adopt me back to her.

If this happens, will I be able petition her for US citizenship along with my siblings? Siblings are in their 40's and one is 50.

You're an adult now. I don't think you can get adopted at 45.

Comment

Originally posted by spoon1901 View Post
      My mom gave me up for adoption to a family friend when I was 2. I have since become derived citizen and am now 45, US army for 8 years and married to a US Citizen for 25 years. I have reconnected with my biological family for the past several years (with proof) and want my bio mom to adopt me back to her.

If this happens, will I be able petition her for US citizenship along with my siblings? Siblings are in their 40's and one is 50.
      The requirements for adult adoption vary by jurisdiction, but even if this were possible, it wouldn't allow you to petition her or your siblings, because an adoption relationship only counts as a parent-child relationship for immigration purposes if the adoption happened before you turned 16.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X