Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another i-751 thread - damaged card, petition and taveling

Hi dear forum,

My conditional card will expire May 8th 2019. I am setting up the petition to remove the conditions right now and just have to wait for new checks to arrive, so I am hoping to send everything off by the end of the month.

I have basically two questions:

1. Gathering all documents and proof, my dog got ahold of my Green Card. While he did not puncture it, he did chew on it. You can still read everything but it definitely is damaged. I copied both sides and took very detailed pictures and am planning on explaining the situation through a nice and polite letter to the officer. Still, how screwed am I you think?

2. I am planning to go visit my mom in Germany at the end of June (card expires on May 8th). With handing in the petition later this month, do you see any issues with that? I should receive my receipt by then, so I would think I can go and buy my tickets soon?

I can tell that 751 questions are flooding the forum but still appreciate every answer. I am super stressed and anxious about the damaged card and just hoping for some positive responses at this point to be honest.

Thanks!
    Last edited by TheGerman19; 02-09-2019, 03:56 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X