B2 or H4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 or H4?

I am on H1B Visa and still have 6 months left on my h1 and I dont have intention to extend my visa but i want to apply visa for my wife and she is working in india and I would like to know can I apply for a B2 visa for her visit as I am thinking it wud help her in the future.

Please advise whether I can apply for B2 or should we only apply H4 ?

Thanks

Originally posted by pradeep436 View Post
    I am on H1B Visa and still have 6 months left on my h1 and I dont have intention to extend my visa but i want to apply visa for my wife and she is working in india and I would like to know can I apply for a B2 visa for her visit as I am thinking it wud help her in the future.

Please advise whether I can apply for B2 or should we only apply H4 ?

Thanks
    You can apply for B2 as well, but having husband in USA on long term & dual-intent visa could cause rejection for her.

One of the basic requirement for B2 visa is to prove your intention to return back, but having husband in USA making it difficult to prove ties to home country - even though you may not have intention to stay long.

I would suggest to go for H4 & once you both are back in India you both (or she alone) can apply for B2 & you'll have good chances of approval.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X