Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor visa for Sister - Should I sponsor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for Sister - Should I sponsor?

Hi,
    I would like my sister (married with grown up kids and husband is a businessman) in her 40s to visit us during the summer holidays for our kids. I'm only inviting her as its not possible for her husband to travel at this time. One of the questions, that I'm debating is, should I sponsor her or she applies directly for B2 visitor visa (with all relevant documents)? One of the reasons I'm hesitant to sponsor is, I have to share my personal details such as my tax returns, pay stubs etc.
    Will her case be stronger if she applies on her own instead of me sponsoring? I will send her the invitation letter, my passport copies etc to augment her documents. Any guidance on this would be great. Thanks.

Originally posted by jetsam View Post
    Hi,
    I would like my sister (married with grown up kids and husband is a businessman) in her 40s to visit us during the summer holidays for our kids. I'm only inviting her as its not possible for her husband to travel at this time. One of the questions, that I'm debating is, should I sponsor her or she applies directly for B2 visitor visa (with all relevant documents)? One of the reasons I'm hesitant to sponsor is, I have to share my personal details such as my tax returns, pay stubs etc.
    Will her case be stronger if she applies on her own instead of me sponsoring? I will send her the invitation letter, my passport copies etc to augment her documents. Any guidance on this would be great. Thanks.
    Its always better for a person to self sponsor their tourist visa - it proves that the applicant is well to do in home country & won't request for any financial aid on USA govt (specially medical).

On the other hand, Form I134 (Affidavit of support) is not a legal document & doesn't bind you to provide support to the visitor - hence adds no value at all.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X