Green CArd Holder been out of USA 4 years, Children live in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green CArd Holder been out of USA 4 years, Children live in USA

I have a green card, been out of the country for over 4 years, my children live there with my ex husband. I left after divorce and needed time out. Want to go back to the children and start again life. I did file the paperwork and interview at the USA consulate UK for re entry and was denied. Also I am fighting a court case with my ex over Children and my alimony in USA. What are the options to get back to USA, do I just fly in, or can I reapply to the consulate with help from a immigration lawyer, since the office did not even consider any of the paperwork I had.

Originally posted by zainabb View Post
    I have a green card, been out of the country for over 4 years, my children live there with my ex husband. I left after divorce and needed time out. Want to go back to the children and start again life. I did file the paperwork and interview at the USA consulate UK for re entry and was denied. Also I am fighting a court case with my ex over Children and my alimony in USA. What are the options to get back to USA, do I just fly in, or can I reapply to the consulate with help from a immigration lawyer, since the office did not even consider any of the paperwork I had.
    Did you apply for an SB-1 visa? That's a returning resident visa. https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-resident.html

It sounds like your case is rather complex. I would definitely recommend discussing with an immigration attorney.

It is not clear to those in this forum whether your Greencard is a two year conditional green card or a 10 year (non-conditional) green card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X