Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewal of F1 visa- URGENT ADVICE NEEDED.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewal of F1 visa- URGENT ADVICE NEEDED.

Hello

I am on f1 in USA now. Completed one program and then started another program which will be finishing in December 2019. However my visa will be expiring soon but since I have my i-20 valid so I will be in status till the end of my program, but I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER BACK IF I TRAVEL OUT OF USA.
    So my question is:

1. Should I try to apply for F1 again from my Home country? or Since I have Canadian visa I should be fine to apply from Canada?

2. When I applied for the new program my COUSIN was my sponsor who lives in USA. So when I apply for the F1 should I show her as my sponsor again or should I bring Bank statement from y home country?

Please advice I running out of time and urgently need some good advise.

Originally posted by MISHMA View Post
    Hello

I am on f1 in USA now. Completed one program and then started another program which will be finishing in December 2019. However my visa will be expiring soon but since I have my i-20 valid so I will be in status till the end of my program, but I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER BACK IF I TRAVEL OUT OF USA.
    So my question is:

1. Should I try to apply for F1 again from my Home country? or Since I have Canadian visa I should be fine to apply from Canada?

2. When I applied for the new program my COUSIN was my sponsor who lives in USA. So when I apply for the F1 should I show her as my sponsor again or should I bring Bank statement from y home country?

Please advice I running out of time and urgently need some good advise.
    I'm not sure why you are running out of time. Getting a visa is only something you need to worry about the next time you leave the US and need to re-enter. If the next time you leave the US is to visit your home country, then applying for a visa then and there makes sense and has a better chance of success than applying in Canada. Only if your next trip abroad is too short to apply for a visa or something like that would you consider applying for one beforehand in Canada. You can present an I-134 from the same cousin again if you like.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X