Change of status from b1/b2 to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status from b1/b2 to F1

I traveled on B1/B2 Visa (valid from FEB 2015 to FEB 2020) from Pakistan and did my change of status to F1 in 2016. I stayed in USA for more than 2.5 years and completed my MBA degree on 21 Dec 2019 and left USA at 28 Dec 2019. In this duration I was never out of status and never involved in any illegal activity. USCIS issued me change of status letter and there was no specific expiry date mentioned on that letter, it was Valid for Duration of Status.
    Now my University Graduation Ceremony will be held on June 2019 and I want to attend that. I have some questions regarding such situation of mine.

1. Is my B1/B2 visa still valid after change of status to F1?
    2. If my Visa is still valid, can Immigration officer refuse me to enter in USA?
    3. If they will refuse me enter in USA, will they deport me and what will be the after effects on my travel again back to USA?
    4. If in any case officer revoke my visa and deport me, can I apply for any other visa from Pakistan, like H1b or E2?
    5. If Immigration refuse me to enter in USA, can I arrange some lawyer or any other help to get permission for entering at the time with immigration?

I just need some detail answers for all these my questions. I will be very thankful to you.

Amir Imtiaz

Originally posted by amirimtiaz View Post
    1. Is my B1/B2 visa still valid after change of status to F1?
    Your visa & your status are two different things, if no one cancelled your visa you can still use it.
    2. If my Visa is still valid, can Immigration officer refuse me to enter in USA?
    Yes, he "can" refuse you - if the visa & your purpose of visit does not match. Like if you say you are re-entering on B1 to switch again to F1 or OPT - it will be refused.
    3. If they will refuse me enter in USA, will they deport me and what will be the after effects on my travel again back to USA?
    Depends on what the CBP officer thinks about it. He can simply deport you or he can ban you for sometime, etc.
    4. If in any case officer revoke my visa and deport me, can I apply for any other visa from Pakistan, like H1b or E2?
    Yes, you can still apply for new visa, but the chances will be reduced.
    5. If Immigration refuse me to enter in USA, can I arrange some lawyer or any other help to get permission for entering at the time with immigration?
    No, you won't be allowed to talk to anyone. Simply they will ask you to buy return ticket & fly back. You can later apply for considering your case with an attorney from your home country.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X