Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For parents visiting US, is there a wait period before filing I-130 and I-485?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For parents visiting US, is there a wait period before filing I-130 and I-485?

Would appreciate professional and/or experienced insight into whether there is any risk if I file I-130/I-1485 for parents within a month of their arrival into the US. As I understand, since parents have no visa limit and can apply for AOS while in the US, so is there a recommended wait period (30/60/90 days) or can one file within 30 days? Thank you.

Wait 90 days and then file the documents. This way USCIS assumes that they have plenty of time to change their mind and stay in the US , otherwise it looks like they arrived to the US with intend of staying permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by 4family View Post
      Wait 90 days and then file the documents. This way USCIS assumes that they have plenty of time to change their mind and stay in the US , otherwise it looks like they arrived to the US with intend of staying permanently.
      Makes sense. Thank you for the response.

Comment

did you file concurrent for parents? I am also in the same boat, Did you consult any attorney .

I was reading in some other forums and advice is go for consular instead of concurrent.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X