Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How safe is to travel with travel document?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How safe is to travel with travel document?

Hi there, I'm an asylee (approved last year) and now I'm applying for green card and travel document. Since GC takes way longer then Travel Document I'm thinking to travel outside of US with only my Travel Document. How safe is to leave the country and come back without GC? Is it much better to wait for green card?
    Last edited by dolcevita; 02-13-2019, 02:54 PM.

Originally posted by dolcevita View Post
    Hi there, I'm an asylee (approved last year) and now I'm applying for green card and travel document. Since GC takes way longer then Travel Document I'm thinking to travel outside of US with only my Travel Document. How safe is to leave the country and come back without GC? Is it much better to wait for green card?
    Are you talking about a Refugee Travel Document, or Advance Parole?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Are you talking about a Refugee Travel Document, or Advance Parole?
      Refugee Travel Document. Ideally, I'd wait for GC and then travel with TD. Has anyone travelled while waiting for GC?

Comment

I have traveled with Refugee Travel Document with no issues coming back. The only thing is airlines don't know what RTD is and will hold you longer to verify it's good. In the US side, you will always have to go to secondary and wait longer before they let you in, but no issues. They didn't even ask me any questions, only kept me in secondary to verify my RTD.

I still don't have GC and have not applied for it yet.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X