visa applicants for university graudation issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa applicants for university graudation issues

Question 1. Do I need a B1/B2 visa to enter the US for the graduation event?
    As I studied with Harvard in distance learning from Hong Kong, my SEVIS I-901 was no longer valid even though my F1 visa isn?t expired. I wonder if I should apply for a B1/B2 visa for the graduation visiting purpose or enter the US with my current F1 visa?

Question 2. Do I need to apply for a B1/B2 visa prior to my parents? visa applications?
    My parents wish to company me to Harvard for the graduation ceremony and need to apply for B visas. Therefore, Harvard has issued visa application letters for them. Do I need to receive a visitor visa to the US before they ought to apply for their visas? The letters are sealed with the university staff's signatures. Should we present the sealed envelopes in the interview with the consular officer?

Question 3. Can we apply for visas right now as my graduation will take place at the end of May?

Question4. Do my parents to present my birth certificate to the Beijing Embassy to prove the relationship between them and me?
    I understood that parents, who are visiting their children who are in the US, are required to present this document in the process of visa application. But, I haven?t got B1/B2 visas yet, and wonder if your office would still allow me to enter the US with the current F1 visa. My passports photocopies may not be useful to my parents' visa application. Therefore, I wonder if it is still necessary to present my birth certificate in the process of applying for my parents? visitor visas.

Question5. Do my parents need to present the original documents which show my financial status as I am paying their travelling expenses?
    As my parents may apply for visas at the same time as me, it may be difficult for me to post all my original financial documents (pay slips, bank books, tax returns and other statements) from Hong Kong back to Mainland of China. Besides, most banks provide online statements only. Can I provide the self-printed bank statements as proof of my financial status, please?

I would suggest to move this question to F1 section, as you'll have better audience there to help you.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      I would suggest to move this question to F1 section, as you'll have better audience there to help you.
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by puxiaosen View Post
        thanks
        Best of luck !!
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X