EAD & AP case approved but has not been produced and mailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD & AP case approved but has not been produced and mailed

Hello just joined this site and posting my first thread after seeing many people in similar situations as me.

Here is my timeline:

I-485 (marriage), I-130, I-765, I-131 filed on August 10th, 2018
    Biometrics done on September 5th, 2018

I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview as of December 19th, 2018 - no update since

I-765 & I-131 Case was approved on January 17th, 2019 - unfortunately, card has not been sent to production and thus did not receive it, yet. It has been 29 days since the last update. I was ecstatic when I saw that my EAD and AP were approved but that joy has long been diminished as it's been roughly a month and I do not have my EAD.

I see that many of you are experiencing similar delays and some ultimately receiving EADs after long waits which helps me stay optimistic. I've called the USCIS customer service and talked to one of the representatives but was not offered much resolution as a case needs to pass 60 days in order for me to take any action.

What I'm wondering is why I have not received my EAD and AP after the approval. I would understand if my case was still pending but after the approval, you would think that they would just send it over to production.... Should I be worried?

I?m in the same boat. I don?t know why they send a letter to say that the application has been approved why can they just send the card itself? Surely it?s as simple as being approved and having it sent out?

Comment

Originally posted by jeeyoonit View Post
      Hello just joined this site and posting my first thread after seeing many people in similar situations as me.

Here is my timeline:

I-485 (marriage), I-130, I-765, I-131 filed on August 10th, 2018
      Biometrics done on September 5th, 2018

I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview as of December 19th, 2018 - no update since

I-765 & I-131 Case was approved on January 17th, 2019 - unfortunately, card has not been sent to production and thus did not receive it, yet. It has been 29 days since the last update. I was ecstatic when I saw that my EAD and AP were approved but that joy has long been diminished as it's been roughly a month and I do not have my EAD.

I see that many of you are experiencing similar delays and some ultimately receiving EADs after long waits which helps me stay optimistic. I've called the USCIS customer service and talked to one of the representatives but was not offered much resolution as a case needs to pass 60 days in order for me to take any action.

What I'm wondering is why I have not received my EAD and AP after the approval. I would understand if my case was still pending but after the approval, you would think that they would just send it over to production.... Should I be worried?
      In my case this took 7 days.

3/23/2018 765 We are producing your card and will mail it to you
      3/26/2018 765 We approved your case
      3/31/2018 131+765 Card delivered by post office

I suggest you call USCIS and ask for a USPS tracking number. You can then see what happened to your card. You should have had it by now.
      /edit i see its not even produced yet. That's odd. I would still call them again and perhaps ask for L2
      Last edited by boogiewoogie; 02-19-2019, 11:22 AM.
      This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
      122017 - PD
      012518 - Biometrics
      033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
      062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
      082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
      090418 - 2nd we scheduled
      091018 - first interview canceled
      092118 - Request to reschedule int
      102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
      030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
      040219 - We canceled your int
      040519 - Int sched
      051419 - Interview
      053119 - approved

Comment

When was your EAD approved?

Originally posted by CTi485 View Post
        I?m in the same boat. I don?t know why they send a letter to say that the application has been approved why can they just send the card itself? Surely it?s as simple as being approved and having it sent out?
        What was the exact date that your EAD/AP was approved?

Comment

Hello there!
          My situation is the same - I've gor approval notices for both I765 and I131 on February, 1st (dated January, 29th).
          Till then I didn't have any updates for my EAD, meanwhile, on 19th I've received SSN lol even though it is not valid without EAD!

Honestly, I don't even know what to think: it takes a few days to receive EAD for some cases, but as I read on this forum or on experiences pages - some cases take up to 8 (!!!) months.
          Waiting another 60 days is so unfair as well because the processing time in total will be way longer that 6 months....

I left a SR online for the case (expecting response until March 12) and wrote to my congressman. Hope something will help. If not - next week i will try to speak to Level 2 and write to the ombundsman.

Good luck everyone with this process.
          AOS through Marriage from B1/B2 Visa overstay
          Los Angeles, CA

08/28/2018 - forms were sent
          08/30 - PD
          09/07 - Text/Mail notifications
          09/10 - the check was cashed
          09/15 - NOA
          09/22 - Biometrics appointment letter
          10/04 - Biometrics was done
          10/11 - ready to be scheduled for an interview
          02/01/2019 - approval letters for I-765 and I-131 [dated 01/29; online status didn't change]
          02/19 - SSN arrived
          02/26 - EAD produced
          04/24 - interview scheduled
          06/05 - interview date

Comment

Perhaps for the folks that are waiting for their EAD to come where it's urgent;
            Once it's approved, it should be in the system. Card or no card.

You can try and see if it's showing in the online employment verification system called e-verify
            E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically ...

Mine never did but it's worth a shot!
            If it shows up, your employer should be able to verify your eligibility as well.
            This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
            122017 - PD
            012518 - Biometrics
            033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
            062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
            082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
            090418 - 2nd we scheduled
            091018 - first interview canceled
            092118 - Request to reschedule int
            102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
            030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
            040219 - We canceled your int
            040519 - Int sched
            051419 - Interview
            053119 - approved

Comment

Just received messages saying my card was produced. Hope it is not going to be shipping the same amount of time as after approval notices...
              I had to contact congressman, ombudsman and leave online SR, meaning I everything i possibly could in that situation.

Are you guys still waiting for new updates??
              AOS through Marriage from B1/B2 Visa overstay
              Los Angeles, CA

08/28/2018 - forms were sent
              08/30 - PD
              09/07 - Text/Mail notifications
              09/10 - the check was cashed
              09/15 - NOA
              09/22 - Biometrics appointment letter
              10/04 - Biometrics was done
              10/11 - ready to be scheduled for an interview
              02/01/2019 - approval letters for I-765 and I-131 [dated 01/29; online status didn't change]
              02/19 - SSN arrived
              02/26 - EAD produced
              04/24 - interview scheduled
              06/05 - interview date

Comment

No update

Originally posted by onendaft View Post
                Just received messages saying my card was produced. Hope it is not going to be shipping the same amount of time as after approval notices...
                I had to contact congressman, ombudsman and leave online SR, meaning I everything i possibly could in that situation.

Are you guys still waiting for new updates??
                Congratulations. Day 40 since the approval and still no update for me

Comment

Resolved

Talked to a level 2 officer at USCIS to inquire about my EAD not being produced since its approval on Jan 17th.

The officer was very kind and professional and explained that the EAD was not being produced because for some reason my biometrics was attached to my I-485 but not my I-765. The officer kindly said he would take the steps necessary to have my biometrics attached to the I-765 and have it sent to production soon.

If anyone else is having similar issues make sure to call and ask for a level 2 officer as they can be much more informative and professional.

Comment

Hi there,

I am kind in the same situation with you, my 131&765 approved February 3, have biometrics done February 15, case status remains fingerprints taken since then.

I have called USCIS numerous times and actually talked to a tier2 agent April 2, she told me she has sent a request to card production and comforted me that my card will be produced soon, but nothing changed.

How long after your call with tier 2 agent did the status change? Thank you very much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X