Will this affect my interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this affect my interview?

I have my interview in a few days. On the NOA it says to bring my birth certificate. Well, I had my birth certificate sent from my home country within enough time to get here.. but it's floating around the USPS system. Keeps going back and forth. It's tracked, and now it just says it's in transit to the next facility, it doesn't say which. I contacted USPS and the guy tried to look into it, but he said all we can do is wait. I did notice that the zip code on the tracking receipt is 1 digit off, so I think the lady entered the wrong one and this might be affecting things.

Thankfully I have about 10 photocopies, but obviously all I have is a photocopy of my birth certificate in our USCIS folder. I know they say photocopies can be altered and they need originals but do you think they'll still interview us without it? I didn't have time to get another certified copy sent here, and I was still hoping it might turn up I guess. Do you think they might just send an RFE for me to send it after the interview? I am really worried we will go all that way for them to say they can't even interview us without it. We literally have everything else, all my ID, originals and copies. I would have thought it was more important my husband has his original birth certificate which proves his US citizenship? Which he does. I wanted to call them but obviously they're closed today and I am stressing about it!

Secondly, I picked up the papers from my medical yesterday and after going through the copy they gave me, on the page where it says 'health departments MUST stamp on this area', is blank. Is this normal and they only stamp the originals in the envelope that I'm not allowed to open? I will call them on Monday but just trying to avoid having to drive there again as it's quite far away.

Thank you!

Originally posted by Wishingonastar View Post
    I have my interview in a few days. On the NOA it says to bring my birth certificate. Well, I had my birth certificate sent from my home country within enough time to get here.. but it's floating around the USPS system. Keeps going back and forth. It's tracked, and now it just says it's in transit to the next facility, it doesn't say which. I contacted USPS and the guy tried to look into it, but he said all we can do is wait. I did notice that the zip code on the tracking receipt is 1 digit off, so I think the lady entered the wrong one and this might be affecting things.

Thankfully I have about 10 photocopies, but obviously all I have is a photocopy of my birth certificate in our USCIS folder. I know they say photocopies can be altered and they need originals but do you think they'll still interview us without it? I didn't have time to get another certified copy sent here, and I was still hoping it might turn up I guess. Do you think they might just send an RFE for me to send it after the interview? I am really worried we will go all that way for them to say they can't even interview us without it. We literally have everything else, all my ID, originals and copies. I would have thought it was more important my husband has his original birth certificate which proves his US citizenship? Which he does. I wanted to call them but obviously they're closed today and I am stressing about it!

Secondly, I picked up the papers from my medical yesterday and after going through the copy they gave me, on the page where it says 'health departments MUST stamp on this area', is blank. Is this normal and they only stamp the originals in the envelope that I'm not allowed to open? I will call them on Monday but just trying to avoid having to drive there again as it's quite far away.

Thank you!

Hi, Im not sure about the birth certificate. The Medical Form should be in an envelope sealed and with a stamp from the doctor. My doctor told me that he is not required to give me a copy but, for the vaccinations, he gave me one. I would not worry about it. The doctor probably stamped the one in the envelope. My copy is not even signed.

Best wishes on your interview!
    Married to USC West Palm Beach
    1/25/19 I485, I765, I130
    1/28/19 Package Delivered
    2/4/19 Received via text that case received
    2/7/19 Received I797 mail for all files
    2/15/19 Received mail for Biometrics scheduled for 2/25
    2/25/19 Bio Done
    4/23/19 Case is ready to be Scheduled for an Interview (i485)
    6/21/2019 Interview was Schedule Mail for 7/29/19
    7/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced
    7/24/2019 EAD arrived
    7/29/2019 Interview

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini21 View Post
      Hi, Im not sure about the birth certificate. The Medical Form should be in an envelope sealed and with a stamp from the doctor. My doctor told me that he is not required to give me a copy but, for the vaccinations, he gave me one. I would not worry about it. The doctor probably stamped the one in the envelope. My copy is not even signed.

Best wishes on your interview!
      Thank you very much!

Comment

Sorry to hear that your birth certificate hasn't arrived. The only thing you can do at this point is print the tracking number and the latest information on it.

Can you request another BC from home country and change carrier? Maybe DHL or UPS? Just in case the IO insist on the original and give you a few weeks to get it.

Good luck and keep us posted.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
          Sorry to hear that your birth certificate hasn't arrived. The only thing you can do at this point is print the tracking number and the latest information on it.

Can you request another BC from home country and change carrier? Maybe DHL or UPS? Just in case the IO insist on the original and give you a few weeks to get it.

Good luck and keep us posted.
          That's what I was thinking - man it sucks.
          I won't have time for it to get here before my interview now but I am actually going back to my home country the day after my interview so I will go to the courthouse and pick up a certified copy and send it again, ah! I just hope they still interview us without it you know?

Comment

I won't have time for it to get here before my interview now but I am actually going back to my home country the day after my interview so I will go to the courthouse and pick up a certified copy and send it again, ah! I just hope they still interview us without it you know?

Just explain to the officer if they ask. Sometimes they don?t even ask to see it.

Comment

How are you going to your home country the day after your interview?

Do you plan to ask for a passport stamp if they approve it? What happen if you travel with AP and when you are outside of the country your GC is approved? I read that once the GC is approved the AP is no longer valid.

Note: don't know much, just from what I read. Still waiting for AP and no plans to travel abroad after interview until GC in hand.
              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
              ---
              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Thank you!
                I'm not sure about birth certificates, but as far as your question about the stamp on the I-693, the doctor does not place a stamp inside the I-693, he only signs it. At the top of the stamp box you are referring to it states "(Health departments and military treatment facilities MUST place their official stamp or seal here)". A civil surgeon is not a health department or military treatment facility, so not stamp.
                2019/02/27 PD
                2019/03/09 Received Receipts
                2019/03/15 Received Biometrics Appt.
                2019/03/26 Biometrics Appt.
                2019-04-01 Case ready to to be scheduled for interview
                2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS
                2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.
                2019-05-21 Card in production
                2019-05-23 Update that USPS picked up the card
                2019-05-24 I-130 and I-485 Approval Letters received via USPS.
                2019-05-29 Green Card Received

Comment

Hey everyone,

I had my interview today and we got approved on the spot! I got an email shortly afterwards saying the green card was in production. Would you believe I also had a notification from informed delivery (we are out of town) saying that they tried to deliver my birth certificate today! Thankfully the IO didn't ask for it anyway. We prepared a whole huge folder of everything and she barely looked, just showed her joint assets and ID (our I-130 was already approved though).
                  Anyway, when I called USCIS a while ago about the travelling they told me that the AP doesn't get cancelled until the green card is physically mailed. I know it's not ideal but I'll just have to have my husband send it to me I guess.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I had my interview today and we got approved on the spot! I got an email shortly afterwards saying the green card was in production. Would you believe I also had a notification from informed delivery (we are out of town) saying that they tried to deliver my birth certificate today! Thankfully the IO didn't ask for it anyway. We prepared a whole huge folder of everything and she barely looked, just showed her joint assets and ID (our I-130 was already approved though).
                    Anyway, when I called USCIS a while ago about the travelling they told me that the AP doesn't get cancelled until the green card is physically mailed. I know it's not ideal but I'll just have to have my husband send it to me I guess.

Congratulations! May I ask what they asked you in the interview? What document did they ask you to show?

Comment

We've got the similar situation, and I asked my mom to send me my Birth Certificate from home using DHL 2-Day...Ummm I hope it wouldn't be a waste of money.....
                      PD - 3/2/2018
                      Biometrics - sometime in April
                      RFIE - 7/3
                      Response to RFE received - 7/16
                      Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
                      EAD is being produced - 9/4
                      Combo card in hand - 9/11
                      Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
                      Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Originally posted by laaaabiii View Post
                        Congratulations! May I ask what they asked you in the interview? What document did they ask you to show?
                        Sure! They just went through the i-485 and confirmed addresses etc, the yes or no questions, asked us the situation because we were already married and started with consular processing and then asked how we met, then she asked if we had any documentation of joint ownership of anything and that was it! I showed my passport, AP/EAD and my husband showed his driving license and that was it! Interview lasted about 35 mins in total.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post
                        We've got the similar situation, and I asked my mom to send me my Birth Certificate from home using DHL 2-Day...Ummm I hope it wouldn't be a waste of money.....
                        Hmm maybe? But they certainly didn't ask for mine or my husband's and we had purchased another certified copy of his as well, so annoying!

Comment

Thanks for the reply what joint ownerships do you guys have? I only have Joint bank account and gas bills, worry it might not be enough

Sure! They just went through the i-485 and confirmed addresses etc, the yes or no questions, asked us the situation because we were already married and started with consular processing and then asked how we met, then she asked if we had any documentation of joint ownership of anything and that was it! I showed my passport, AP/EAD and my husband showed his driving license and that was it! Interview lasted about 35 mins in total.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm maybe? But they certainly didn't ask for mine or my husband's and we had purchased another certified copy of his as well, so annoying!

Comment

Originally posted by laaaabiii View Post
                            Thanks for the reply what joint ownerships do you guys have? I only have Joint bank account and gas bills, worry it might not be enough
                            Literally all we had was a joint car registration and joint insurance, oh and I was the beneficiary name on his life insurance policy. Because I didn't have an SSN there was a lot of stuff we couldn't be joint on and he wasn't able to get me put on his bank account or anything. We do have a child together though so that probably helped! i think what you have will be ok. They can spot **** marriages a mile off. Some couples just don't have many joint things and I think sometimes it looks more **** if you've gone so out of your way to have joint assets you know? Do you have your interview coming up?
                            By the way my green card got mailed today!

- - - Updated - - -

Literally all we had was a joint car registration and joint insurance, oh and I was the beneficiary name on his life insurance policy. Because I didn't have an SSN there was a lot of stuff we couldn't be joint on and he wasn't able to get me put on his bank account or anything. We do have a child together though so that probably helped! i think what you have will be ok. They can spot **** marriages a mile off. Some couples just don't have many joint things and I think sometimes it looks more **** if you've gone so out of your way to have joint assets you know? Do you have your interview coming up?
                            Don't know why it says **** all I said was f.a.k.e haha

Comment

Yeah, my friend told me once she entered the waiting room, she even could tell whose are real n whose are **** lol

My interview will be in March 21, praying it will be a smooth one, excited but nervous.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why it says **** all I said was f.a.k.e haha

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X