Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice for visitor visa of sister-in-law

Hello all,

I am currently living in USA with my family.

my brother's family (he, his wife and 9 year old son) are planning to travel to USA on tourist visa. my brother has a valid tourist visa. so only my sister-in-law and their son will apply for tourist visa. My sister-in-law is a homemaker.

My question is- In the letter to the consulate, should they mention that my brother already has a tourist visa and that they will be visiting USA together as a family.

This way officer will not be suspicious why my brother did not apply for the visa.

Also, what are my brother's documents that she should carry at the time of interview. should she carry my brother's passport and NOC from my brother's company to prove the case.

Thank you all in advance.

Originally posted by gjainnk View Post
    My question is- In the letter to the consulate, should they mention that my brother already has a tourist visa and that they will be visiting USA together as a family.

This way officer will not be suspicious why my brother did not apply for the visa.
    Do not hide the truth, they have multiple ways to check it. Your sister-in-law can mention that she will be accompanying her husband on a short trip & will be roaming around. To me, the reason for joining husband is a good reason for visa.

Originally posted by gjainnk View Post
    Also, what are my brother's documents that she should carry at the time of interview. should she carry my brother's passport and NOC from my brother's company to prove the case.
    I would not suggest to carry your brother's original passport, but a color photocopy would be sufficient.

She need to prove that its her husband, so an marriage certificate, some photographs of marriage (showing local rituals & families attending it), some joint financial documents (bank account), copy of passport & visa of her husband etc etc.

Its always good to carry as much as you can - 99% they won't ask for any document, but better to carry rather then feeling sorry later.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X