Las Vegas interview done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas interview done

Silent reader her, only found this forum last month upon receiving our notice for interview (marriage based) and it really helped us a lot, we just want to share our experience, My husband is a usc and I'm the beneficiary

Our interview date is Feb 11, 2019 at 10:30 am, arrived 30 mins earlier, pass thru security, took my picture and fingerprints for verification, waited in the lobby we were called at 10:45 am. She asked for my husband identification, mine passport (bring all your passport that shows your admissions in usa she made a copy of all my admissions/arrival here and visa, my ead and drivers license card. In the interview room she introduced here self, told us that the interview will be recorded,after the oath, she started to ask my husband first mostly on the I-I30 form his name, bday, place of birth, parents name and birthday, his divorces from previous marriage when was the divorce and their name, then it was my turn, she asked my name, bday, other names, my parents bday I don't the years they were born becs I'm bad with bdays and number, can't even remember my ssn. How many children I have ( from previous marriage) age and their name, same with my ex-husband bday and his name, she asked all the yes/no question. After that she asked me how many times I've been here, what years, where and how long I've stayed for each visits. Then when we were done with that she asked me how come I did not change my last name, we explained that we thought that upon receiving the ead card we will go to social security to get an ssn then that's the time we will change my name and we were shocked that we received the ssn thru mail. How we met, where we got married, She asked me that I got married rather quickly upon getting my divorce less than 3 weeks, told her that my ex-husband and I have been separated for a long time prior to divorce, she then checked my divorce paper and saw that my ex-husband signed it. She asked for additional documents, we submitted pictures, bank statements, bills etc, she asked if the photo album is hers I said yes it has 30 pictures, told her also that my daughter visited me last month, she was flipping thru it looking for the picture of my daughters with my husband and put a note on it. Then that's it, she said she will review the files and send their decision thru mail. I really felt that I was not able to properly justify or expound how my husband and I met but I felt like she understood what I was trying to convey, so I was really stressed and full of anxiety after the interview. When we got home I check my case online and it said interview was complete and my case must be reviewed. The interview lasted an hour.
    On feb 12, the day after the interview I checked my case status online again and lo and behold my case was approved and the card was ordered. I just can't believe it, I thought it's a glitch. God is good, we've waiting a long time almost a year after my biometrics.

Evidence that we submitted

My paystub for last 3 months
    2017 tax return of my husband
    Husband paystub for last 3 months
    Car title under our name
    2 months of our checking acct bank statement ( she asked why it's only 2 months)
    Water bill will under our name
    Letter showing that I'm on his medical insurance since 2017 and proof that I have used it
    Credit card statement
    Phone bill that shows that we are under his mom bill
    Pictures
    Our honeymoon tickets and airbnb bookings

My timeline

PD Dec 4,2017
    Jan 11, 2018 biometrics
    April 30, 2018 approved I-765
    May 5, 2018 received ead
    May 11, 2018 received ssn
    Jan 3, 2019 scheduled interview ( checked it online)
    Jan 14, 2019 received letter for interview
    Feb 11, 2019 interview date
    Feb 12, 2019 case was approved
    Feb 15, 2019 received approval letter for I-130 and I-485
    card was mailed to me ( checked it online)

Now I'm just waiting for the card to arrive ☺️

Congrats and thank you for sharing. I bet the card will arrive in a few days.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Receive the card?

Did you received you green card now? How long does it take?

Comment

Originally posted by mfranco88 View Post
        They just sent the card on Feb. 15, I have read that it usually takes 3-7 days after that update.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

PD 10/19/2018 c(9) AOS filing from Las Vegas, NV

Hi Grace! Wow, finally a Las Vegas user around here!
          That was a really long process...which means I'd better brace myself for the long wait.

Originally posted by Grace709 View Post
          Silent reader her, only found this forum last month upon receiving our notice for interview (marriage based) and it really helped us a lot, we just want to share our experience, My husband is a usc and I'm the beneficiary

Our interview date is Feb 11, 2019 at 10:30 am, arrived 30 mins earlier, pass thru security, took my picture and fingerprints for verification, waited in the lobby we were called at 10:45 am. She asked for my husband identification, mine passport (bring all your passport that shows your admissions in usa she made a copy of all my admissions/arrival here and visa, my ead and drivers license card. In the interview room she introduced here self, told us that the interview will be recorded,after the oath, she started to ask my husband first mostly on the I-I30 form his name, bday, place of birth, parents name and birthday, his divorces from previous marriage when was the divorce and their name, then it was my turn, she asked my name, bday, other names, my parents bday I don't the years they were born becs I'm bad with bdays and number, can't even remember my ssn. How many children I have ( from previous marriage) age and their name, same with my ex-husband bday and his name, she asked all the yes/no question. After that she asked me how many times I've been here, what years, where and how long I've stayed for each visits. Then when we were done with that she asked me how come I did not change my last name, we explained that we thought that upon receiving the ead card we will go to social security to get an ssn then that's the time we will change my name and we were shocked that we received the ssn thru mail. How we met, where we got married, She asked me that I got married rather quickly upon getting my divorce less than 3 weeks, told her that my ex-husband and I have been separated for a long time prior to divorce, she then checked my divorce paper and saw that my ex-husband signed it. She asked for additional documents, we submitted pictures, bank statements, bills etc, she asked if the photo album is hers I said yes it has 30 pictures, told her also that my daughter visited me last month, she was flipping thru it looking for the picture of my daughters with my husband and put a note on it. Then that's it, she said she will review the files and send their decision thru mail. I really felt that I was not able to properly justify or expound how my husband and I met but I felt like she understood what I was trying to convey, so I was really stressed and full of anxiety after the interview. When we got home I check my case online and it said interview was complete and my case must be reviewed. The interview lasted an hour.
          On feb 12, the day after the interview I checked my case status online again and lo and behold my case was approved and the card was ordered. I just can't believe it, I thought it's a glitch. God is good, we've waiting a long time almost a year after my biometrics.

Car title under our name
          2 months of our checking acct bank statement ( she asked why it's only 2 months)
          Letter showing that I'm on his medical insurance since 2017 and proof that I have used it
          Credit card statement
          Pictures

My timeline

PD Dec 4,2017
          Jan 11, 2018 biometrics
          May 5, 2018 received ead

PD to Chicago, IL: 10/19/2018
          3 NOA's received 11/02/2018
          Biometrics appointment: 11/23/2018
          RFIE requested: 01/08/2019
          Response to RFIE delivered on 01/23/2019
          Status for i-485 updated on 01/24/2019: "Response to RFIE received, we will start working on your case again...etc."

Status for i-765 and i-130 still at "Case received".

Comment

Thanks!

Praying I will receive it this week 🙏

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
            Congrats and thank you for sharing. I bet the card will arrive in a few days.
            - - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by LV User View Post
            Hi Grace! Wow, finally a Las Vegas user around here!
            That was a really long process...which means I'd better brace myself for the long wait.
            It requires a lot of patience and faith ☺️ The Las Vegas office was wonderful! The staff were very kind and helpful! Hope that you'll have a schedule for your interview soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace709 View Post

Car title under our name
              Credit card statement
              Pictures

My timeline

PD Dec 4,2017
              Jan 11, 2018 biometrics
              May 5, 2018 received ead

Wow, Grace709 Congrats. I hope I can get there. Your such an inspiration.
              Last edited by james564; 02-02-2023, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mfranco88 View Post
                Receive the card?

I want to go to the United States. I was wondering how long does it take to get a green card?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X