X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on L1 application in Singapore

Hi,
    Just to share my recent experience.

I am currently leaving in Singapore with my wife under a Employment Pass for me and a Dependant Pass for her. I am French and she is Thai, and we have been married for more than 10 years both under Thai and French law.

We used to live in the US, for me first under a J1 Visa the a H1b, then L1 and L2 for my wife, and finally we were Green Card Holder for couple of years before moving to Singapore.

We gave back both our Green Card when we moved to Singapore, as we did not have the intention to move back to the USA.

But, my company is asking me to move back, so we just apply for a new L1-A and L2 Visa. Once the petition approved and the appointment taken to the embassy, it was very fast. We went to the US Embassy in Singapore on Thursday morning, waiting less than 30 mins. The only question they asked us was to look at our I-407 (abandonment of the Green Card), and that?s it. No proof of wedding for example. Both our Visa were approved right away, and on Monday we got back our passport with 5 years L Visa.

The embassy is claiming 1 week of processing time, but it was mush faster.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

Thanks

Congratulations !!
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X