Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to switch From L1A/B to L2 of Spouse

Hey there,

Let's assume there's a person A who has L1A or L1B.
    Person B has an own L1A/B visa and is working for another company. Both are married.

B wants to relocate to another state due to the fact the HQ is there. A would need to quit the contract with his/her employer to follow B.

Question:

To ensure A can stay in the US he/she has to move on B's visa, isn't it? He/she has eventually become dependent of B to stay.
    So how would the process look like and, more important, how long would it take to get from an L1A/B visa to L2? Needs the employer of A to be informed in any way? Is an attorney necessary or can this be done by yourself?

Thank you

Originally posted by geekfreak View Post
    So how would the process look like and, more important, how long would it take to get from an L1A/B visa to L2?
    File for COS (Form I539 - Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status). It would take 4 to 6 months as of today, however you can request for priority processing.
    Needs the employer of A to be informed in any way?
    Yes, inform the employer.
    Is an attorney necessary or can this be done by yourself?
    No, you can do it yourself.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information. Once right form filed can he/she stay nonetheless in the country, even if he/she quits the job?
      Or does he/she has to wait until process has been completed?

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information. Once right form filed can he/she stay nonetheless in the country, even if he/she quits the job?
        Or does he/she has to wait until process has been completed?
        Yes, you can stay awaiting response for your COS application & after leaving a job. Only thing is if it is denied, you'll have to leave the country immediately.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X