I94 stamped on current employer, transfer to new employer approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 stamped on current employer, transfer to new employer approved

I am currently employed with a company A. I have got an offer from company B for which I had got the transfer receipt and was waiting for the transfer approval. But recently due to emergency I had to travel outside of US. I came back to the U.S on second week of January 2019. I mentioned to the immigration officer that i am currently employed for Company A and did not mention anything about company B (as i only had the receipt and had not joined company B yet). Therefore, the I94 i received has a expiry date for my Company A which is Dec 2021.

Yesterday i came to know that my visa transfer for Company B was approved on first week of January 2019 itself. The new I797A for Company B has the end date until Nov 2021.

I am planning to join Company B in few weeks.

1) Will this order of events cause any issue?

2) Getting an I94 card on Company A basis even after a visa transfer for another company B has been approved cause any issues?

3) Do i have to update my I94 according to company B by doing a re-entry immediately? Or can this be corrected the next time i visit India?

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X