waiting for EAD while pending I-864

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiting for EAD while pending I-864

Good morning!! My husband and I got married in August 2018 (he's from UK). Filed all the proper paperwork.

UCIS recv'd paperwork Sept 20th,
    Biometrics done Nov 3.
    Jan 29 we recev'd paperwork that need form I-130a and joint sponsor.
    They recv'd the I-130a on Feb 11
    I am still waiting to get a joint sponsor.

Will this delay his EAD? Trying to get any answers from UCIS is impossible and the website doesn't give any info except for waiting times. Its been 5 months today that they got his paperwork.
    Also, if I show that I made enough income from last year, do I still need a joint sponsor? The letter states that I need to show last years w-2 and also get a joint sponsor. Thank you for sharing any info you may have or gone through.

The similar thing happened to me. I married a U.S Citizen, but we sent back all the documents they required and did the biometrics couple days after.

About a month later, we received a courtesy letter for me to get my medical examination done and present it to the interview and about 20 days later I received my EAD card.

So, to answer your question, as long as the USCIS sends you another letter like they did for me I'd assume that your I-130a form has been processed and your application has been continued to process and you should be notified of the next steps. However, they can take up to 90 days to process the new documents you have sent (doing backgrounds of the joint sponsor etc).

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCardHolder123 View Post
      The similar thing happened to me. I married a U.S Citizen, but we sent back all the documents they required and did the biometrics couple days after.

About a month later, we received a courtesy letter for me to get my medical examination done and present it to the interview and about 20 days later I received my EAD card.

So, to answer your question, as long as the USCIS sends you another letter like they did for me I'd assume that your I-130a form has been processed and your application has been continued to process and you should be notified of the next steps. However, they can take up to 90 days to process the new documents you have sent (doing backgrounds of the joint sponsor etc).
      We still need a joint sponsor. Have until April to send in the paperwork. But was wondering if that was holding up his EAD??

Comment

Originally posted by Slurie1 View Post
        Good morning!! My husband and I got married in August 2018 (he's from UK). Filed all the proper paperwork.

UCIS recv'd paperwork Sept 20th,
        Biometrics done Nov 3.
        Jan 29 we recev'd paperwork that need form I-130a and joint sponsor.
        They recv'd the I-130a on Feb 11
        I am still waiting to get a joint sponsor.

Will this delay his EAD? Trying to get any answers from UCIS is impossible and the website doesn't give any info except for waiting times. Its been 5 months today that they got his paperwork.
        Also, if I show that I made enough income from last year, do I still need a joint sponsor? The letter states that I need to show last years w-2 and also get a joint sponsor. Thank you for sharing any info you may have or gone through.
        Uscis stops processing your case when you don't send all the required documents. So no, you won't get EAD until they get all the forms and evidence. You usually only get one chance for RFE response. They can deny it if your response is not exactly what they requested.
        US Citizen filing GC for both parents
        11/15/2018 I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 Receipts
        12/10/2018 Fingerprints taken
        12/15/2018 RFE Response Received
        02/19/2019 New Card in Production
        02/22/2019 New Card is Mailed to Me
        02/25/2019 Approval Letters Received

Comment

Originally posted by orch111 View Post
          Uscis stops processing your case when you don't send all the required documents. So no, you won't get EAD until they get all the forms and evidence. You usually only get one chance for RFE response. They can deny it if your response is not exactly what they requested.
          What is RFE?? I have a joint sponsor, they just need to fill out form and get the proper documents. They said needs to be recv'd by April 26 but hoping to get it here way before that. They have everything else so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Slurie1 View Post
            What is RFE?? I have a joint sponsor, they just need to fill out form and get the proper documents. They said needs to be recv'd by April 26 but hoping to get it here way before that. They have everything else so far.
            When they send a letter asking for other documents, that's a RFE. There is no movement until they get the information they requested. They check the information and then continue working on your case.
            Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
            Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
            Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
            ---
            All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X