Process after getting married with an approved I140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process after getting married with an approved I140

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen residing in US on a H1B Visa with my I140 approved. My priority date is Jan 2013. My girlfriend whom I plan to marry next month is from Ukraine and is on a J1 Visa. I read that her country of birth take precedence with the priority date if we get married. As in, will my priority become current after this. Is that an accurate information? If yes, whats the next step and the duration to get the green card?

Originally posted by Allelse View Post
    Hi, I am an Indian Citizen residing in US on a H1B Visa with my I140 approved. My priority date is Jan 2013. My girlfriend whom I plan to marry next month is from Ukraine and is on a J1 Visa. I read that her country of birth take precedence with the priority date if we get married. As in, will my priority become current after this. Is that an accurate information? If yes, whats the next step and the duration to get the green card?
    Yes, you can use her country of birth for deciding the PD of your GC petition. The next step is to file I485 for the two of you (just like any other employment based GC petition that has a current PD).
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X