Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport collection after visa interview

Hi

Does anyone have any experience on how soon passport can be collected from the Delhi VAC (Visa application center)post the visa interview. My parents have their visa interview scheduled for march 13th and assuming everything goes well, how soon can they collect their passports in the Delhi VAC. I was planning to book their tickets for travel for march 16th. In one of my experiences at the VFS center in Delhi, I could collect the passport the very next day.

thanks

I had my interview at Mumbai consulate on 20th February, and I received an email on the very next day to collect the passport. I could have collected it on the 21st itself, but I saw the email a little late in the evening. So I collected it on 22nd February. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by spcarsearch View Post
      Hi

Does anyone have any experience on how soon passport can be collected from the Delhi VAC (Visa application center)post the visa interview. My parents have their visa interview scheduled for march 13th and assuming everything goes well, how soon can they collect their passports in the Delhi VAC. I was planning to book their tickets for travel for march 16th. In one of my experiences at the VFS center in Delhi, I could collect the passport the very next day.

thanks
      It depends on what you choose to have your passport delivered back. You can stay back & request to have the passport collected the very same day around 5PM from the VAC or OFC - speak to the persons there at OFC.

If you choose to have it delivered by mail it will be BlueDart in India - which takes 2-5 days depends on distance of your city from Delhi & BlueDart connectivity. Flying on 16th would be little risky if you having passport delivered by mail.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Otnip View Post
        I had my interview at Mumbai consulate on 20th February, and I received an email on the very next day to collect the passport. I could have collected it on the 21st itself, but I saw the email a little late in the evening. So I collected it on 22nd February. Hope this helps.
        Thank you for your quick reply !

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
        It depends on what you choose to have your passport delivered back. You can stay back & request to have the passport collected the very same day around 5PM from the VAC or OFC - speak to the persons there at OFC.

If you choose to have it delivered by mail it will be BlueDart in India - which takes 2-5 days depends on distance of your city from Delhi & BlueDart connectivity. Flying on 16th would be little risky if you having passport delivered by mail.
        Thanks for you quick reply! Was just looking to check if someone had the experience of actually being able to collect it from the VAC the same evening or the next.

Comment

Originally posted by spcarsearch View Post
          Thanks for you quick reply! Was just looking to check if someone had the experience of actually being able to collect it from the VAC the same evening or the next.
          I did this myself before 4-5 years at Delhi & heard from a friend that it is still the same.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X