Spouse on I Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse on I Visa

Hi, I am sure this is an issue for many of you. My husband is the primary holder of an I visa. I am allowed to stay here but not allowed to work. I am only allowed to work if I have the appropriate work visa. I have some questions.

1. Can I work if an employer offers me a job and agrees to help me get a work visa? What kind of visa? Or does the employer have to ask for a waiver to allow me to work on the I visa?
    2. Can I apply for a waiver to work without a job offer?
    3. Has anyone been in this situation? What did the spouse/employer have to do in order to be allowed to work? What visa are they currently working on?

I would really appreciate any info. I can't believe there are not any threads on this problem. Surely we couldn't be the only ones.

US Work Visa

Hi Drdr,

Your chances of obtaining a work visa from your spouse's visa seem unlikely, in my opinion. The US can be very strict with regards to giving out work visas and it may take a significant amount of time to process. In any case, you might try to look for more information on work visas
    Last edited by samlynn; 08-06-2014, 07:45 PM.
    All the best,

- V. Yeva

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

Green card information - http://bit.ly/1nokMC5

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X