Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 to H1B Question

Hi Guys:

I need ur help regarding my B1 to H1b conversion.I have valid B1 visa and visited US with that visa.I m planning to get H1 papers very soon.

After going thr' forum, I understand that getting my H1b stamped in the home country and going to US is better rather than changing status in US.

Keeping that in mind If go to embassy and if my H1 b is rejected. Will they cancel my B1?(C W O P). If that is the case I will be in lot of trouble 'cos I visit frequently on B1 from the current company. THere is a chance of losing my current job as well.

Could you guys help me to make a decision whether to approach to embassy for H1 B stamping or to go to US and change from B1 to H1.

Thanks for ur valuable advice Chennai_123

Small clairification on H1 B stamping. Worst Case Scenario if My H1B is denied will they cancel my B1 visa. or is B1 will be valid irrespective of H1 B denial.

Comment

B1 to H1B Question

Hi

It is possible to convert the B1 to H1 but the process will take 3 months of time and moreover it have some risks associated with it. I would suggest you to better get 6 months stay at the point of arrival(immigration counter). I have some of my friends who had converted there B1 to H1. Dont carry your academic degrees when you travel, it is better to send all your documents through courier to any of your friends. And once to land in US immediately start your processing. See to it that you appoint the best lawyer for the conversion. It may cost you roughly $5000 to convert. So be prepared with the amount.

-Ali

Comment

B1 to H1B Question

Hi

It is possible to convert the B1 to H1 but the process will take 3 months of time and moreover it have some risks associated with it. I would suggest you to better get 6 months stay at the point of arrival(immigration counter). I have some of my friends who had converted there B1 to H1. Dont carry your academic degrees when you travel, it is better to send all your documents through courier to any of your friends. And once to land in US immediately start your processing. See to it that you appoint the best lawyer for the conversion. It may cost you roughly $5000 to convert. So be prepared with the amount.

Comment

H1B TO b1

HI All,

i entered in U.S.A. in march 2006 and got my extension and h1b (with new i-94) which is valid upto 2009.

i got my social in the month of november 2006 and got the project in march 2006 and worked uptill october 2006.

so let me know the following
          1) will my h1 gets out of status if i am not working for november as no projects in hand and employer is not paying for bench.
          2) i didnt go to india to get my h1 stamp so my passport doesnt have h1b stamp, but i do have b1 stamped
          3) can i convert my H1B to B1 and remain in-status, and can travel outside USA and can come back on B1 visa (which is already stamped) .

Please let me know if anybody can answer the above query,
          email: [email protected]

Thanks

Comment

Another Question

Originally posted by Alibaig
            Hi

-Ali

Ok, this is a relevant question, What USCIS form will be used to apply for the Change of Status from B1 to H1? (assuming that there is a valid H1 Approval Notice I-797C)

Is it the same for I-129 with Requested Action set to b?

Note that there was already an initial I-129 that was approved to get the I-797C.

Thanks.

Comment

H1 stamping

I am working in India for a company which has applied for a H1b visa for me. As of 31st Oct the application is still being processed by the appropriate US department. Now, my company has just won a new project and want's me to travel on a B1 visa until my H1b arrives. Once, my h1 arrives they will ask me to travel back to India for a week or two and get the H1 stamped and go back to US.
              My question is:
              (1) At the time of H1 stamping will I face any problems as just a week before I was in US on a B1 visa. Can the interviewing authority claim that I was in US on a business visa doing the same job that requires a H1?

Comment

My situation is also the same

Hi,

My situation is also the same, Will I get any tough question from US embassy while on my H1B VISA Stamping

Please send your feed back

Thank
                Vijay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X