Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Default format for written explanation for late petition


    I need to file form I-751 for my wife to change her status as conditional resident after received K-3 visa. Unfortunately her conditional green card is expired before 3 months.

    I found filing follwoing information from this site.

    "If your failure to file was through no fault of your own, you may file your petition late with a written explanation and request that USCIS excuse the late filling. Failure to file before expiration date may be excused if you demonstrate when you submit the application that the delay was due to extraordinary circumstances beyond your control and that the lenght of the delay was reasonable."

    Does anyone have any format of such written explanation letter or any other suggestions?

    Thank you very much everyone for your information posted on this website.


  2. #2
    DaytonaFiremedic Guest


    I read the form and the instructions, here is the link to the form if you need it. http://www.immihelp.com/forms/showform.do?form=i-751

    yes you suppose to file this 90 days before the conditional status expires. I wouldn't worry about any format , this is not a term paper for english class, just write down on paper why you file late. even if you have to say you simply forgot to do it or didn't know about having to file within 90 days , whatever. Just do it RIGHT NOW, lol. And send along any evidence you got like joint bank accounts , lease or mortgage paper, copy of yours and her's ID , bills, etc . that show you got the same address. Show you two reside at same place. But Dude , send it out now, most likely they wont deny it for being late , unless you got a bad record with filling stuff late all the time . Or if her conditional green card expired like lastyear and you just now file the I-751.

  3. #3


    Thanks for the info.

    I have send renewal form and all necessary documents with explanation letter about why I am late.

    I hope they will excuse late filling.

    I will post update about the status.

  4. #4

    Default Urgent Help Needed

    Dude - can you please contact me at 630-706-0339 at your earliest convineance. Our family is in the same situation, we need your help.

    Note: Your quickly responce will be higly appreciated.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts