Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Default Can children of B1 visa holders attend school?

    When in US on a B1 visa with a child of school going age, is it possible to enroll them for the short duration that we are there? Is this violation of visa status? Pl. enlighten me as otherwise, an entire school year may have to be repeated once in India.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006


    No. You can not enroll your kids in public schools.

    You may be able to do so in private schools, where you and only you (not US tax payers) pay for the tuition and education.

    I'd be careful here though, because your B1 is for you to visit the USA temporarily for business, not to live in the USA for such long time that requires your children to have to study here.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

  3. #3

    Default Thank you,

    This information is very good. We are going to be there for a very short duration. However, 3 months of time is still too long for a child to remain at home. If I approach a private school, I want to make sure that it is completely okay to enroll. Is there any sure way to know? Thank you for your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts