Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am on TN Visa can My wife visit me on B2 Visa

Hi,
    I am on TN Visa can My wife visit me on B2 Visa, she already has a valid visa.
    Or Should I have to aplly for her her TD Visa, can some one confirm to me if she can visit me on B2.

Advice for TN

Hello,

I'm just getting into the TN process. I see that you are working under TN status in the U.S.

I am a Canadian citizen hoping to get TN status in the U.S. I have interviews set up in the U.S. soon and my prospective employer says they will have no problem extending a job offer letter to me.

Since you've already been through this, what is the process?

1.Did your company do the leg work for TN? or did you just get an offer letter from them and did the leg work yourself?

2. What forms did you provide? Someone mentioned to me (1) Form G-28 (appearance of attorney) (2) $190 fee (3) I-129 Form (4) Company offer letter (5) All of the qualifying docs - diploma, transcript, resume, proof of citizenship, copy of I-94) (6) copy of bio page of passort.

Do these forms sound famaliar to you? I know the I-129 form is what the employer fills out.

3. What should i expect in the interviewing process?

Thanks for your help with this.

Comment

Yes, She can

Originally posted by Dole
      Hi,
      Or Should I have to aplly for her her TD Visa, can some one confirm to me if she can visit me on B2.
      I am from Mexico and I have TN visa, my wife and my daughter have a valid B2 tourist visa, and they came so many times to visit me, they are in Mexico. You just email your wife your TN permit and she print and when she comes to the port of entry she needs to say tha you are legally working and show your permit, that's it. If she is working she needs to show her working papers and if you have children, letters from their schools that they are studying and they don't intend to stay with you, unless you want her to stay, you have to apply for her TD visa.

I hope this will help you.

Comment

Dole,

yes she can visit you on B2 if she has a valid visa.
        She can also visit or stay with you on TD1 if she likes but keep in mind only Canadians can apply for TD/TN at the border.
        If she is not a Canadian yet, she will need to apply for TD (if needed) through a U.S Consulate.
        I hope this helps others newly looking for direction here.

Originally posted by Dole View Post
        Hi,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X