I-130 Check list!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Check list!

Hello, after posting my check list for the I 485 and EAD, I received several requests for a check list for the I-30, so here it is:

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a money order so you can track the payment. If a personal check is allowed, use that instead.
    2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-130), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.
    3. Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative
    4. Copy of the Full Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship.
    5. A copy of petitioner's proof of naturalization. (If applicable)
    6. A copy of petitioner's proof of permanent residency. (If applicable)
    7. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate and/or passport along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)
    8. A certified copy of your certified marriage certificate (again, translated if not in Engligh)
    9. A certified official copy of the petitioner's and/or intending immigrant's divorce documents. (If one or both of you have been divorced before)
    10. A copy of a prior spouse's death certificate. (If filing for a spouse, and one or both have you were married before, and the prior spouse died)
    11. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated
    12. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.
    13. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign spouse signed and dated
    14. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign spouse. Write the full name of the beneficiary on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.
    15. Evidence of a bonafide marriage (see note below for what to include)
    **** *1. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or
    2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or
    3. Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or
    4. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or
    5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or
    6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union. ex. life insurance

So, as this post is quite old, just checking to see if it's still accurate or if there are any changes and to ask for some advice.

Also, is it beneficial to include multiple items for number 15? I have a rent contract with both our names on it. I was also going to include some photos of us together and with each other's families. Also gonna see if I can get a statement from the bank here in Ecuador saying that we have a shared account. And finally, get a doctor's note saying that my wife is pregnant with my child. I've read that making a huge packet might not be the best thing. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

Update

I-130 Checklist.

*update: G325A is no longer required as of 2/27/17

Petitioner's Info
      -Address history for the past five years
      - Dates previous marriage(s) ended (if applicable)
      - Employment history for the past five years
      - Previously filed petition for the beneficiary or any other foreign national

Intending Immigrant's info
      - Address history for the past five years
      - Dates previous marriage(s) ended (if applicable)
      - Employment history for the past five years
      - I-94 information (if presently in the U.S.)
      - Any previous immigration proceedings

I-130 "Petition for Alien Relative" Checklist
      USCIS Fee ($535) by personal check or money order to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Cover letter itemizing the documents (optional)

Form I-130 and Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary for spouse living in U.S.A

Evidence of Status: copy of birth certificate of U.S. born spouse or consular report of foreign birth, naturalizaton certificate or certificate of citizenship,

Marriage license

Divorce decree or death certificate for previous marriages

Passport photo - 2 for beneficiary and 2 for petitioner

Proof of marriage - shared financial accounts, birth certificates of child born into the marriage, lease/mortgage contracts, insurance, gas/phone/utility bills, car registrations, affidavits from families and friends stating that you live together, joint bank statements, investment/retirement accounts, credit/debit card statements, health insurance, wills & trust, other proof of shared activities such as the wedding pictures, holiday/birthday cards, plane tickets bills & receipts, photos showing you two together with family before and after the wedding.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X