Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Education through Correspondence. Can I apply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Education through Correspondence. Can I apply?

Could anybody please help me to identify if I am eligible to apply for Canadian PR based on my status :

Graduation : Correspondence
    Post Graduation : Correspondence
    Couple of Microsoft Certifications like MCDBA, MCSD

Married
    Spouse Graduation : Regular
    Spouse Addl Degree (1yr) : Regular
    Spouse Post Graduation : Correspondence
    One Kid
    One Relative Living in Canada.

I spent lot of time on Canada Immigration Website but could not get answers related to my status.

Can somebody please share his / her experience of same status.

Thanks in advance.

Possibly

Please note that correspondence long distance learning will be accepted as education as long as the school from which one is graduated, is an "accepted" school in one's domain. In continuation to this, the actual course of study must be a discipline that is formatted in a manner that is acceptable as would normally be taught at full time educational facilities. In order to determine if the school that one has attended is an institution that has any relative credibility, one will have to request an accreditation letter from the educational accreditation authority in the country within which the school operates/registered. This service normally must be requested a few weeks before an answer and documentation is mailed to the applicant and the cost of this service is normally the responsibility of the applicant.
    I am certain that you have noted that the Canadian authorities have a system in their domain, within which one may actually apply for an evaluation of one's foreign educational dociments and information on this is all included in the CIC website.
    Good luck to you and I feel very strongly that you will be assessed in a very favorable manner.
    Last edited by antonyall; 04-14-2008, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Antonyall

Yes, the University or the Institution that I did my degrees from is accredited and registered and even recognised by the Central Governing Authority of all the Universities in India (UGC).

I do not mind paying for the service / Accreditation Letter as long as I am aware that I will not be rejected because of the Education.

Education through Correspondence is the only concern that I have. I am OK with all other things.

Regards
      Deep

Originally posted by antonyall
      Please note that correspondence long distance learning will be accepted as education as long as the school from which one is graduated, is an "accepted" school in one's domain. In continuation to this, the actual course of study must be a discipline that is formatted in a manner that is acceptable as would normally be taught at full time educational facilities. In order to determine if the school that one has attended is an institution that has any relative credibility, one will have to request an accreditation letter from the educational accreditation authority in the country within which the school operates/registered. This service normally must be requested a few weeks before an answer and documentation is mailed to the applicant and the cost of this service is normally the responsibility of the applicant.
      I am certain that you have noted that the Canadian authorities have a system in their domain, within which one may actually apply for an evaluation of one's foreign educational dociments and information on this is all included in the CIC website.
      Good luck to you and I feel very strongly that you will be assessed in a very favorable manner.

Comment

Seek Embassy advice

Seems to me that you have nothing to fear in terms of your total point standing, in your desire to apply under the skilled worker category, since you are a graduate of a recognized institution, from a country within which the educational system is admired and respected by the first world nations of the earth. In the event that you question your own educational relevance, I suggest that you approach the Canadian High Commission, and seek an interview to assess your academics. This will resolve any questions that you have and hence you will be able to approach the scenario with a bit more confidence and hope.
        I had questions about my educational background and I approached the High Commission in the country of which I am resident, and although they were not too friendly, they did answer my questions and concerns to the best of their ability. I did not have much education in the form of distance learning but it clearly appears to me that I was given credit for the little that I do have.
        I urge you to address this matter at the nearest High Commission and get your application lodged as soon as possible since the time between application submission and case decision is exceedingly long and the wait is the worst condition to be enslaved to as one never knows whether one is accepted or not.
        Please take the necessary actions and get that application submitted!

Comment

Did u get the response

hello
          I have also completed my education through distance but when I checked through agent they say distance education is not acceptable but when did a research online it says it is acceptable once it is from a deemed university (UDC, Central recognized).

I would like to know what has been the response for your status?

awaiting for your reply

Originally posted by deep07 View Post
          Could anybody please help me to identify if I am eligible to apply for Canadian PR based on my status :

Graduation : Correspondence
          Post Graduation : Correspondence
          Couple of Microsoft Certifications like MCDBA, MCSD

Married
          Spouse Graduation : Regular
          Spouse Addl Degree (1yr) : Regular
          Spouse Post Graduation : Correspondence
          One Kid
          One Relative Living in Canada.

I spent lot of time on Canada Immigration Website but could not get answers related to my status.

Can somebody please share his / her experience of same status.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X