Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Action (USCIs) Secondary Evidence

Hello, need help and guidance,

Received a (Notice of Action) letter from USCIS requesting 'secondary evidence' on I-130 for Birth Certificates of Beneficiary (me), petitioner (my mother a US citizen) because 'delayed registration' was done to my Birth Certificates. The USCIS letter also states 'secondary evidence' It suggests some acceptable forms of evidence e.g Baptismal cert, school records, affidavits, etc. These suggested documents are impossible to gather for me, my school records don't have parents name nor birth date, and baptism certificate is not available. What is an affidavits and how can I do one, should I get a lawyer..

FACTS:
    For the beneficiary (that is me- birth 7/26/1962) the birth registration was done on 10/10/69

Please tell me what is the best thing to do..thanks: I am confused:

An affidavit is a formal sworn statement of fact, signed by the declarant (deponent) and witnessed by a taker of oaths, such as a notary public.

an affidavit can be given by any person who has the knowlege of such incident and he/she does not have to be a relative.

you can ask your relative or family friend to find a lawyer (in india) and tell the lawyer you need to get an affidavit done.It will cost around Rs. 300-400. (thats about $10) Might take few hours. if you have all the details ready it will be even faster. (and its very simple to do). I've attached an example of a format. you may add more info if required.
    (the hardest thing is finding a relative/friend and not getting the affidavit) make sure he/she is older than you are.

AFFIDAVIT
    I, -------(name), residing at --------(address) being duly sworn in do hereby solemnly affirm and sincerely state as follows:
    I am the deponent herein.
    ----------(your FULL name)was born on --------(your date of birth)to -------------(your parents name, both father and mother) at ------(town,state) India.
    I swear to the truth of all the information and particulars given by me in this Affidavit.
    solemnly affirmed and signed by --------(deponet's name), before me, on 9th of July 2008.
    Last edited by aashishpooja; 06-27-2008, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your responds that gives me some piece of mind, I am not from India, I am from the Dominican Republic and I do have family who can testify of the birth...thanks again it is going to help me...

Comment

Maruxa;

Hey there! I'm from DR also. Why they're asking for a secondary evidence on your birth certificate? I wanna know to know if they gonna ask me for one also.....

Comment

rosestroup,

Because I have a late birth registration, I was born on 1/26/1962 and my birth registration was done 10/10/69, they are asking for secondary evidence to be sure..

Comment

Maruxa:

So basically your birth certificate states that you were born on 10/10/1969 instead of 1962, the year that you were born?

Comment

No, it says I was born july 26, 1962, but the declaration was made 10/10/69.

Comment

I guess they were gonna ask for the same thing on me then,, thanks, keep me posted on ur case!

Comment

Hello rosestroup,

Ok, I will keep you posted on what happen, I will be sending them the secondary evidence as soon as I get them and will let you know what happen..

Comment

hi

I did send my school living certificate and they did accept and every thing went fine. I have same thing date of birth was 1972 and register date was 1992. But school certificate clear the issue.

Comment

Hello Diyaku,

Thanks for the information, I have old school records, it has my birth date but only the name of my mother, you think I can use it....my mother is my petitioner and she divorce my father long ago and remaried...

thanks

Comment

Late Registered Birth Certificate

I have received the same notice today. I live in Iraq, and I'm filing an I-130 for my father. They asked me to provide them with one of these documents. Do you know how I can get the school records, please? Do i have to find an attorney?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X