Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get FBI fingerprinting done from India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rs 3000 for a finger print card plus TA seems quite expensive to me. FBI finger print cards are available online for free to be printed. The police stations in the US do it for free or for a nominal charge of $2-$5. If FBI returns the card as non readable, they even re-do it for free multiple times.

The charges your firm is charging are atleast 15-20 times than normal IMHO, which seems like a ripoff. The services for a finger print can even be done by any police personnel or one can learn to roll the fingers in the right way and do it themselves.

You need the IP address of the person that posted it? Whoa! What will you do with it? Such attitude will cause others to post rebuttals.

In this age of free speech, people will post againt and for any business based on their experiences. You just have to learn to deal with it and post your rebuttal and any clarification.

Good Luck!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

First change or remove your page- "TERMS OF USE", as you are not following these terms...
      Last edited by ifsindia; 03-21-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Please update your knowledge

ok
        Last edited by ifsindia; 03-21-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

wow its india bhai 3000 rs is too less some agencies charging 12000 rs

Comment

Originally posted by vicky7 View Post
            wow its india bhai 3000 rs is too less some agencies charging 12000 rs
            Wow, someone went through the pain of registering on the website and the forum to just post this? Wonder whose handle this is

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by ifsindia View Post
              and one more thing, please update your knowledge...

Fingerprint printed normally which is available on website is no more acceptable...

One of the my client tried this himself, he got rejection...

Okay?
              Did you not just say you will not post again on the website in your earlier post? BTW, online printable FBI cards are acceptable by FBI.

Comment

Originally posted by sriramraghavan View Post
                I called JK Consultancy and they are TOOOO expensive. They said if I do it in Delhi, they would charge Rs. 3500 per person. I live in Chennai and they said it would cost me Rs. 13,000.
                I researched and found out the process of getting fingerprints done locally. The Govt of India does it. YES THEY DO. And it is done by the Tamil Nadu Forensic Department by Registered Fingerprint Experts who take and analyze Fingerprints for all Criminal Investigations.
                And here is the kicker. It costs Rs. 50 (Yes FIFTY RUPEES ONLY).

Here is the process for people in Chennai.
                The Forensic Department has an office called SCRB (State Crime Record Bureau). It is on the Marina Beach Road. If you go from Cathedral road, take a right onto the beach road. Pass the lighthouse and pass 2 more lights. You will then pass a small bridge. As soon as you pass a bridge you will see a graveyard on the left (look carefully you may miss it) and right opposite the graveyard you will see the SCRB building.
                Walk in. Mention you want to get fingerprints taken for visa purposes. They will give you a form to fill and the name of the bank to go to to pay the Rs. 50. Once paid, come back to this office and they will give you the fingerprints in the form of your choice.
                For US Police Certificates, you may print out the form FD-258 from fbi d.o.t gov
                Alternatively, there is a xerox shop opposite Adyar Busdepot that gives you a color printout in a nice thick Fingerprint Card for a cost.

For other cities, look for the Forensic Department in your town and go talk to them. They will help. Do not get tricked by Commercial Agencies who charge an arm and a leg for something as simple as this.

Or - just take a flight to Chennai and get it done here. It's STILL cheaper.
                Hi sriramraghavan,

Thanks for the useful info ! I have already sent my fingerprints thrice to FBI and it has been rejected because of poor quality. I am living in Blore, and I had got it done in local police stations in blore (the 3rd time I sent 10 diff fingerprints sets).
                I have some questions for you-
                i. is it possible for me being a blore resident to get the fingerprints done in SCRB Chennai?
                ii. you have mentioned 'they will give you the fingerprints in the form of your choice.' Does it mean they will do electronic fingerprints also? or is it manual ones?
                iii. can u pls pass on the contact nos of SCRB Chennai?

Thanks for your help and much appreciated.

Comment

J k

Yes, its true we are also fooled by J K peoples, they are working only for money by taking benefit of unavailability of experts in certain areas, they charged me about 20000 rs for me and my partner, so please friend beware from J K consultancy network in india

Comment

fingerprinting in Bangalore

Does anyone have update on what is the most efficient method to get FBI clearance done at Bangalore. If there are private agencies, "true" charges.

I'd obviously prefer some professionals taking the fingerprints than myself but anything beyond 500/= is an overkill for that convenience!

Comment

FBI Finger print Services in Bangalore

The FBI finger print services now available at Bangalore.

Comment

details in Bangalore

Hi,

Where is the fingerprinting services available in Bangalore?

Thanks for your help

Comment

FBI Finger print Services in Pune

Hi,

While I am a new user of this forumn, I am quite interested to know if all the people who responded earier have any feedback or status of thier application.

I want to do a finger print for my wife from INDIA and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
                          Gautam

Comment

FBI Fingerpint card

Senior members!
                            Please advice if i have to take the form FD-258 pdf printout on a thick Fingerprint card and then go to Forensic Department and get the fingerprints stamped??

Also, when you are sending the FD-258 form to US, did anyone attached a self addressed envelope for you to get the results?? If yes, how much it costed for the self addressed envelope?

Any pointers will be of helpful...
                            VA

Comment

FBI Fingerprint Bangalore

I got my fingerprint done new office .

Comment

Fingerprinting in Bangalore

Since I've been working on my papers for Australia, I've been trying to get fingerprinting done in Bangalore. I'll share my experiences for everybodys benefit.
                                Right behind Madiwala Police Station (Across from the Madiwala vegetable market) is the forensics department, which will be able to help you get your fingerprints on the FD-258 form.

I took the FD-258 printed on a glossy card, but they advised AGAINST that. They said glossy finish could smudge the fingerprints, so I gave them a regular A4 size office printout paper sheet with the FD-258 printed on it.

They did a nice job of taking my fingerprints. They used ink film strips .. very professional. They asked for the following documents:
                                1. Address proof: Lease copy.
                                2. Address proof: Airtel landline bills.
                                3. ID proof: License copy.
                                4. University degree copy (Since I said Im going for work, they wanted to see my qualifications)
                                5. My passport copy.
                                6. Payment challan.

The payment must be made at Mysore Bank on Lady Curzon Road (Infantry Road). The Forensic dept. people will tell you the account number, 'payable to' etc. and other details for making the payment. Once that is made, the bank will give you a stamped challan, which you take back to the Forensic dept at Madiwala.

I have to still send the fingerprints to FBI. Once I do, I'll let you know if they accept the documents, but I think it should go through fine, since they have done quite a good job with my FD-258

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X