Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default Removing spouse name from the passport


    I had divorce an year ago.

    1. Is it possible to remove my spouse name from passport after a divorce?
    The guy whom I was married to never came to US.In fact I came here after the divorce.

    2. If its possible to remove,What are the necessary documents to be submitted to Indian Embassy?

    3. I would be leaving to India in next few months for visit.Is it advised to do the changes in India or is it ok to apply for a changes here?

    4. Do I have to apply for a new passport or changes can be done in the existing passport ?I have my H1b valid till oct,2009. Do I have to re-apply in the new passport if I have to apply for one or the existing one will be transferred to that ?

    Please advice.

    I tried looking in couple of forums. But no luck.

  2. #2


    You can remove your ex-husband's name from the passport, either in the US or in India.

    Read http://www.immihelp.com/nri/indianpassport/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts