Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-290B processing time(reopen application of I-765

Hello
    Iam trying to find out online at USCIS webside TEXAS SERVICE CENTER the processing frame time of the application form of I-290B(Motion to reopen a decision made on I 765) but there is no available information.I can see all the applications forms but the I-290B.I have been waiting now for 27 days
    Does any one know please where can i find the processing frame time of the I-290B ?or at least tell me about if you have any idea.
    Thank you

EAD case

Hello.

Even i have filed for motion to reopen case for my EAD on this march , but still no reply from them...

i filed through attorney and they are telling it takes 3 to 6 months of time and their is no specific time frame for this kind of applications..

If u know any further info on this ,,, let me know...

thanks

Comment

Hai

So did you find any updates in your case as their is no update in my case for LONG time....

And as you mentioned. their is no specific time frame for MTR case .

Comment

I am in the same situation.

Originally posted by zidan View Post
        Hello
        Iam trying to find out online at USCIS webside TEXAS SERVICE CENTER the processing frame time of the application form of I-290B(Motion to reopen a decision made on I 765) but there is no available information.I can see all the applications forms but the I-290B.I have been waiting now for 27 days
        Does any one know please where can i find the processing frame time of the I-290B ?or at least tell me about if you have any idea.
        Thank you
        Can you please tell me, after how much time the decision was made after filing the I-290B? What was the total processing time?

Comment

Processing time

Originally posted by roshan.malviya View Post
          Can you please tell me, after how much time the decision was made after filing the I-290B? What was the total processing time?
          I am in the same boat... my Advance Parole was denied incorrectly by USCIS because I traveled outside of the country while the AP renewal application was pending... I say that USCIS denied it incorrectly coz they assumed that it was the first time that I was applying for an AP, and therefore incorrectly assumed that I do not have an existing valid AP while traveling outside the country (and obviously I had a valid AP at the time of traveling). I traveled outsider of US on my existing/valid AP after the renewal application was wrongfully denied, and when I came back into the country the CBP officer at the port of entry told me that the status of my AoS (I-485) application may also have been changed to "abandoned" because of the same issue (traveling without valid AP), but they were not able to provide any more details.

My attorney filed I-290B Notice to Appeal but it has been a month and so far all we have received is a receipt from USCIS informing that they have received the paperwork.

How do I know how much time would USCIS take to look into this matter?

Also, does any one know what are the options to get this expedited?

My EAD renewal is coming up in another month or so, I am guessing that my employment is going to be affected if this is not resolved quickly.

Any help/information is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by raseshkumar View Post
            I am in the same boat... my Advance Parole was denied incorrectly by USCIS because I traveled outside of the country while the AP renewal application was pending... I say that USCIS denied it incorrectly coz they assumed that it was the first time that I was applying for an AP, and therefore incorrectly assumed that I do not have an existing valid AP while traveling outside the country (and obviously I had a valid AP at the time of traveling). I traveled outsider of US on my existing/valid AP after the renewal application was wrongfully denied, and when I came back into the country the CBP officer at the port of entry told me that the status of my AoS (I-485) application may also have been changed to "abandoned" because of the same issue (traveling without valid AP), but they were not able to provide any more details.

My attorney filed I-290B Notice to Appeal but it has been a month and so far all we have received is a receipt from USCIS informing that they have received the paperwork.

How do I know how much time would USCIS take to look into this matter?

Also, does any one know what are the options to get this expedited?

My EAD renewal is coming up in another month or so, I am guessing that my employment is going to be affected if this is not resolved quickly.

Any help/information is much appreciated.
            Filing a motion to reopen or reconsider on the AP application is a waste of money and time. Just file another I-131 now, which is free. Whether to grant AP is discretionary, so I don't think the motion will work because what the denial is not against any explicit rules. There have been reports about USCIS recently denying APs when people have traveled abroad with H or L status or an old AP while it is pending, which is inconsistent with previous unofficial policy, and there are reports that they have agreed to stop doing that now.

Your AOS is fine. There are explicit rules saying it is not abandoned if you traveled abroad with AP.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

The reason we filed I290

Originally posted by newacct View Post
              Filing a motion to reopen or reconsider on the AP application is a waste of money and time. Just file another I-131 now, which is free. Whether to grant AP is discretionary, so I don't think the motion will work because what the denial is not against any explicit rules. There have been reports about USCIS recently denying APs when people have traveled abroad with H or L status or an old AP while it is pending, which is inconsistent with previous unofficial policy, and there are reports that they have agreed to stop doing that now.

Your AOS is fine. There are explicit rules saying it is not abandoned if you traveled abroad with AP.
              Hi! First of all, thanks for the comments/suggestions.

The reason we filed I-290 instead of taking the simpler route (which wud have been to re-file I-131) was that the CBP officers at the port of entry told me that my I-485 was also affected due to the AP renewal application being denied and my traveling outside of the country after that (although I had a valid AP all thru).

We though that given this information (and the fact that we were just a few days away from the 30 day deadline for filing I-290), we should file I-290 in hopes that the original decision of denying the AP renewal will be reversed and thereby any other changes based on that will be reversed too (including any impact on my I-485).

Although, our additional efforts gave us more clarity on my I-485... my attorney went to USCIS's local office and asked them about the status of my I-485 and was told that my I-485 was intact and were not able to explain why the CBP officers mentioned any impact to my I-485.

Still, now that we know that my I-485 is intact we do not want to re-file I-131 as it will automatically cancel the I-290 application.

I am now in two minds reading your comment on whether we should now go ahead and re-file I-131 or not. I will talk to my attorney and post back here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X