No announcement yet.

B2 Extension denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent the same email to US consulate in India. She said her visa is valid. I am not sure now.

Thanks,
    Sumathi

Comment

Take a risk and travel on the same visa. Be prepared to return at POE. It may work out fine as it depends on the POE officer.

OR

Apply for a new visa and be sure about the trip. (Preferred option as the law says so)

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

If she applies for a new visa, would not the officers at US consulate ask the reason for applying, because she already has a multiple entry visa ?

Thanks,
        Sumathi

Comment

Originally posted by sumathih
          If she applies for a new visa, would not the officers at US consulate ask the reason for applying, because she already has a multiple entry visa ?
          Yes, they would and that has to be declared on the DS156 as well anyway. You are not trying to hide the facts right?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi Jothi - So the visa is not void or cancelled if the applicant leaves after the denial? Did they ask your mom any major questions at Port of Entry when she came back the next time? Thanks for your prompt reply.

Comment

Request for information

Originally posted by sumathih View Post
              Hi,

I saw your post on this forum about your mom's extension getting denied and she coming in with no problems. I am on the same boat too .

My mom has a 10 year multiple entry visa and came to US in 2003 and in 2004 I applied for her extension. It got denied and I sent a letter to USCIS asking for Motion to Reopen. However, it got denied too. I applied in September and I got the 1st denial letter in 15 days and second one in November. She left the country on February 1st as we had to get the tickets and be prepared. Now she is plannign to come in September 2008. While leaving in Feb 2005, she handed over the original I-94 while checking in.

I sent an email to the US consulate in Chennai about her 10 year visa validity. The officer said there would be no problems, but, at Port of entry she might be questioned and asked to carry sufficient proof of documents about her overstay. What documents are needed?

Should I have to send any letter of invitation for them to bring here? Also, we just became citizens. Would that have any effect on her visa?

Appreciate your time and response in this regard.

Thanks,
              Sumathi

Hi Sumathi, just came upon this old thread. Would you be able to share your experiences and what finally happened ?
              My mother is coming back to US after a 7.5 year gap now and had overstayed 3 weeks in US (only 1 week after getting the extension refusal notice) in 2010.
              Her visa is still valid for 2 more years.
              We have all the paperwork and supporting documentation from then, handy.

Thanks

M

Comment

Originally posted by Jothi_arun View Post
                The visa defenitely does not get cancelled, if visa extension is denied.

This applies, even if the person overstays more than in I-94.

My mom came recently after her extension was denied.

No problems

Hi , just came upon this old thread. Would you be able to share your experiences and what finally happened ?
                My mother is coming back to US after a 7.5 year gap now and had overstayed 3 weeks in US (only 1 week after getting the extension refusal notice) in 2010.
                Her visa is still valid for 2 more years.
                We have all the paperwork and supporting documentation from then, handy.

Thanks

M

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X