OCI application questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI application questions

I have couple of questions on OCI form. Please respond.

Q7. Place of birth: Is it ok to specify city name alone? or Need to specify city, state, country?
    Q9. Place of issue: I live in Seattle, WA, shall I specify 'SEATTLE' as Place of passport issue?
    Q22. Details of family members: my father, mother, brother, sisters, in-laws live in India.
    Do I need list all of them here in a additional document?

Q7. Everything.
    Q9. Seattle, WA
    Q22. Yes
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thx. I also got response from SFO consulate:

1. Can a send one cashier check total of $550 for both applicants (or) need to send 2 cashier checks?
      YES one check is fine for the full amount.

2. Do i need send additional photos otther than pasted in Form A 2 copies?
      NO

3. I have submitted Form A but found that couple of mistakes after printed out. Can I submit new application again?
      YES

Q7. Place of birth: Is it ok to specify city name alone? or Need to specify city, state, country?
      What ever is written on your Indian passport

Q9. Place of issue: I live in Seattle, WA, shall I specify 'SEATTLE' as Place of passport issue?
      On your US passport is says issuing authority .............. thats the place of issue.

Q22. Details of family members: my father, mother, brother, sisters, in-laws live in India.
      2 or 3 references are fine.

Comment

My sons US passport has state name and USA (Texas, U.S.A). What should I write in place of birth for OCI card?

Comment

What did you write as place of birth in OCI?

Originally posted by crazyrobert2017 View Post
          My sons US passport has state name and USA (Texas, U.S.A). What should I write in place of birth for OCI card?
          I am facing the same issue, California, U.S.A. What should I write in place of birth for OCI card?

Comment

What about a person who is born in India, but never held an Indian passport (they traveled on parents passport to Canada)... what documents do they need during the application?

Comment

new application again

Originally posted by talanki View Post
              Thx. I also got response from SFO consulate:

1. Can a send one cashier check total of $550 for both applicants (or) need to send 2 cashier checks?
              YES one check is fine for the full amount.

2. Do i need send additional photos otther than pasted in Form A 2 copies?
              NO

3. I have submitted Form A but found that couple of mistakes after printed out. Can I submit new application again?
              YES

What ever is written on your Indian passport

On your US passport is says issuing authority .............. thats the place of issue.

2 or 3 references are fine.
              your query #3..if u found mistakes and if u submit new application again..does this mean u will get a new # to start the application again..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X