Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 VISA/ Have alreay applied for OPT

Hello Everyone,
    I am a PhD graduate student (INDIAN ORIGIN). I am about to graduate at end of September 2009 and have a job to start from October 5th. I already applied for OPT and is in process. My wife has to go for F2 VISA interview as I just got married 20 days back. Do you guys think its going to be a problem that I am going to finish very soon and have applied for OPT? And whether she should mention about my having a job after PhD or not? Should she carry my job offer letter or its a bad idea? Has any one's wife/husband has attended VISA interview during OPT or close to OPT as in my case? Any other suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi

Hi
    I am on the same boat. I am a PhD student on F1 visa and I am graduating in Fall 2011. I plan to apply for OPT on Sep 17, 2011. My OPT start date will be Dec 17, 2011. I have a job offer which I have accepted and will join the company when my OPT starts. I do not have GRA for the Fall semester, but I have sufficient personal funds to support expenses for me and my wife. Will it be OK for my wife to apply for F2 between Sep 17 and Dec 17.

Thanks

Comment

It is actually better if your spouse applies before you graduate and start OPT.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X