Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

Originally posted by mtouch View Post
    Thanks dsz. The I-864A is Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member. "This contract is intended to benefit the sponsored immigrant(s). By signing this form, a household member who is not a sponsored immigrant, agrees to make his or her income and/or assets available to the sponsor to help support the immigrant for whom the sponsor has filed an affidavit of support. Should be filed with Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act."

Based on the above your brother has to file form I-864A but your petitioner (your father in this case) should also file form I-864.

Hope this helps. Pls keep us updated on your progress. Have you paid AOS fee? Did you mail (by snail mail) your DS-3032?
    Thanks Mtouch

I've paid fees and also courierred DS-3032

Take care.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtouch View Post
      Hi everyone ! After a disappointing Dec 2010 VB there is good news. For me, at least. I just received by email DS-3032 & AOS fee bill. My PD is 9/24/2002.
      CONGRATS mtouch ! That is just fantastic news ! Very happy for you and the family. I hope that all goes well every step of the way. Always keep us posted.

Comment

• Question

Hi,
        I am reading this thread as an assignment for my Race and Ethnic relations class. We are studying the struggles of the immigration process right now. I do not have much of an educational background when it comes to the immigration issue. What is the average wait time for all of the paper work to be approved and how much paper work is required?

And I have new found respect for people trying to gain citizenship here. I never knew that the process was this tiring, stressful, and complicated. Good luck to you all

Comment

• Originally posted by caj103 View Post
          Hi,
          I am reading this thread as an assignment for my Race and Ethnic relations class. We are studying the struggles of the immigration process right now. I do not have much of an educational background when it comes to the immigration issue. What is the average wait time for all of the paper work to be approved and how much paper work is required?

And I have new found respect for people trying to gain citizenship here. I never knew that the process was this tiring, stressful, and complicated. Good luck to you all
          The waiting times are based on the types of petitions filed and also the origin of the intending immigrant...............
          Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by butter View Post
            CONGRATS mtouch ! That is just fantastic news ! Very happy for you and the family. I hope that all goes well every step of the way. Always keep us posted.
            Thanks butter. It's my fervent wish that it will be smooth sailing for all of us here. Cheers
            "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
            dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
            S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
            Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
            diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
            Puddy = April 2003
            hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
            Imran123 = Aug 2003
            butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
            krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by mtouch View Post
              You're welcome lovegirl. Don't despair. I was in a worst situation than you coz I was petitioned first back in 1988, then it was revoked. I was re-petitioned in 2002 so i'm waiting for the 2nd time.. that will be a total of 22 years in waiting time ! But that's my fate. Maybe it was for the best coz there was the economic problem in 2008, etc. Cheers, be patient
              thanks mtouch...i just checked this forum today, and found out that fortunately your waiting time is over...best of luck!!! and congratulations!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lovergirl View Post
                thanks mtouch...i just checked this forum today, and found out that fortunately your waiting time is over...best of luck!!! and congratulations!!
                Thanks lovergirl .... finally after a long wait the case is moving but there is another wait for the next steps. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing this time. Just be active on this thread because it is very helpful and all of us here have become a big F3 family, keeping each other's hopes alive.
                "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                Puddy = April 2003
                Imran123 = Aug 2003
                butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

• Transfer my file

Hello Everyone,
                  F3 Category, priority date 2004, interview at a US consulate in Canada hopefully in 2012 ref. visa bulletin, I am Canadian citizen and my wife citizen of East Europe, I’m moving from Canada and shall reside in another country in East Europe to be with my wife, I have the right to be there since I have residency and shall inform NVC to transfer my file from Canada to Armenia for our Interview.

I don’t want to go and stay in Canada because I need to sponsor my wife for Canada sponsorship just for the US interview, it’s not right and it’s a long and difficult procedure a year the least.

My Question:

1- Is there any advantage having the interview in Canada vs. in Armenia ? I guess the process and processing time is exact the same as if we were in Canada! and my main concern is…. will this address- consulate change delay in any way our application ?? And if any delay for approx. how many month??

Thanks and I appreciate a reply.

Comment

• F3 Category Visa Bulletin for Jan 2011 is Jan 1 2001????

Comment

• so now what happens??

I have seen people with pd in oct 2002 have started receiving papers,
                      so how does it work??

Comment

• Originally posted by diva View Post
                        I have seen people with pd in oct 2002 have started receiving papers,
                        so how does it work??
                        It's not only F3 that retrogressed. All categories are the same except for F4 which did not move at all. This means that some people who had PDs before June 2002 (the Dec 2010 VB) started submitting papers before their 1 year deadline. Next month the VB will hopefully correct itself. For those PDs in process it will continue but their visa will be issued when the PD becomes current. Let's all pray that next month will be a good month for all.
                        "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                        Puddy = April 2003
                        Imran123 = Aug 2003
                        butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

• I am wishing good luck for all of us

I hope next month brings good news to all of us, My PD is march 2003.
                          It was like I was counting months and boom it went down.

Comment

• Futher retrogression cannot be ruled out should demand continue at the current levels. A very Merry Christmas indeed to all of us (those who celebrate christmas) BOOM all the Christmas lights just went out!!!

Comment

• My PD is march 03 as well. And, yes, it did seem like we were almost there. Looking at the history, I see that it takes roughly around a year for the visa bulletin to recover from retrogressions. I hope things are somewhat better than that for us.

Comment

• Visa Retrogression

Originally posted by pike View Post
                                F3 Category Visa Bulletin for Jan 2011 is Jan 1 2001????

"Sometimes, a priority date that is current one month will not be current the next month. This is called visa retrogression, which occurs when more people apply for a visa in a particular category than there are visas available for that month. Visa retrogression most often occurs when the annual limit has been reached. When the new fiscal year begins on October 1, a new supply of visa numbers is available and usually, but not always, brings back the dates to where they were before retrogression."

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X