X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel back to india after applying SSN

Hi

I got my H1B approved recently
    I want to apply SSN by coming to US for two weeks and travel back to india for personal commitments.

Can I travel back to India before getting SSN?

Venkat

Travel has got nothing to do with SSN. Note that the SSN is linked to your I-94 data regarding your status which takes couple of days to be updated. If the information is not updated, a service request is sent to immigration regarding your status by SSA.

If you leave the country and return your I-94, you do not hold a status therby could result in a denial of SSN. Why not finish the personal business and enter for once and take care of the job and SSN?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Employer forcing for SSN

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      Travel has got nothing to do with SSN. Note that the SSN is linked to your I-94 data regarding your status which takes couple of days to be updated. If the information is not updated, a service request is sent to immigration regarding your status by SSA.

If you leave the country and return your I-94, you do not hold a status therby could result in a denial of SSN. Why not finish the personal business and enter for once and take care of the job and SSN?
      My employer is forcing me to come there for SSN , so that he can put me in a project easily later on.

So, you mean to say that until I get the SSN, I cannot leave the country?
      Last edited by venkat_99; 12-02-2009, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Do you have any update on this?

Originally posted by venkat_99 View Post
        My employer is forcing me to come there for SSN , so that he can put me in a project easily later on.

So, you mean to say that until I get the SSN, I cannot leave the country?

Hi, I have a somewhat similar situation, I will be applying for SSN but I have to go back home to work with the offshore team.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X