Visitor B2 Visa & Criminal Record Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

son got holiday visa

[QUOTE=Christine Bromley;404922]How long did it take to get his visa. We have been told anything from 16 to 20 weeks. We want to go in 12 weeks, do you think my son has a good chance of it coming before then.[Yes we were told the same but it came through just after 12 weeks around 85 days. Waiting is not easy but i still think its worth it in the end. We had our holiday already booked they took all flight details and said they would do their best but could not promise has it has to be sent off and wait for a reply from Washington.]

Comment

B2Visitor Vis awhile 420 Cheating case is pending

Hi, My parents are planning to go for B2 Visitor Visa for USA in India.
      There is a 420 Cheating case is registered in FIR on my father submitted by someone at the local police station. The case is still under review by police officer and my father has not been arrested or never went to police station.

Do you think will there be any rejections for his visa ?

Comment

Originally posted by albus16 View Post
        Today my husband had his interview for a B2 visa to go on holiday to the USA. After getting an ACRO certificate, making an appointment, paying the $160 MRV, gathering all the documents and filling in the DS160 I decided to do some research on the internet to see what his chances of being granted a visa were. I should explain that he had multiple convictions (6 all together including - threatening words and behaviour, drunk and disorderly and 2 assaults, he also received a 60 day prison sentence for the last of these offences, which was in 2005. He has had no involvement with the police since then - so 8 years). After researching on the internet I had no hope what so ever that he would be granted the visa. There are loads of stories about people being denied visas for only 1 conviction that happened years and years ago, so thought with my husbands history he had no chance. However I must say it was fine and he was granted the B2 visa, no recommendations, no denial, just granted the full 10 year visa! We were surprised and happy! Lots of the threads on the internet (and also many of our friends) said just tick the "no" box on the ESTA when asked if ever been arrested. Lots of people have done this and got away with it, however some people are luckier than others and it depends how big or serious the offences are as to whether you could get away with it. We were not prepared to take the risk of paying thousands of pounds to travel to the USA and get turned away on arrival and given a lifetime ban! We were prepared for being turned down and were of the mind set that even though it would have cost us a lot of money and people would say "told you so, should have just got the ESTA" that we had been honest, had nothing to hide and had done it all properly. We can now travel to the USA without worrying. Every case must be different, however I just thought a success story where the convictions were multiple and involved prison, might make anyone going through the visa process feel a little better unlike how I felt after reading some threads. Good luck.

Hi, great to see a positive story on these forums and hope you both had a lovely trip. I have had to arrange an interview for a B2 Visa myself as I received a police caution for assault 9 years ago in what is an isolated incident on my police record (no involvement with the police before that event or since). Unfortunately I hadn't anticipated that I would need a visa until the last minute and I'm now having my interview 2 weeks before our intended dates of travel (which I now acknowledge was naive at the time of booking as my stomach is now in knots about the possibility of having to rearrange travel). I was wondering how long your husband's visa took to process after the approval?

Comment

Help!

Sorry to jump on this but I haven't worked out how to add a new one.

Dear sir/madam

I hope you can help me with some advice, I am currently in a state of panic!

My family and I (myself, my husband and our 7 year old) have booked and paid for a holiday in Orlando in 7 weeks time.

I few months ago I applied for, and had all our ESTA's excepted and confirmed.

this is our second 'Disney Holiday', we went in 2013 without issue.

Yesterday when I was shopping I accidentally omitted to pay for a small low priced Item I missed in my trolley at checkout. the police were called and did not want to proceed, they wanted the shop security to allow me to pay for the item but they wouldn't let me. Finally the police issued me with a fixed penalty notice, they said this was my best option as I couldn't prove I intended to pay. The notice states that signing it and Payment is not an admission of guilt and I will not receive a criminal record however a note will be kept in case of further offence.

so not only am I mortified by he whole 'shoplifting' experience but I am in a panic over our holiday!

Will I get denied entrance to the USA? Will homeland security/Airport control know of my change of circumstance. I already have the ESTA but will they consider I have lied or should have updated the change or should I now apply for a visa and declared the offence, if it is an offence?
          I seem to remember filling out another form on the flight last time asking me if I have ever been arrested...was I arrested.

oh dear god I hope this going to be okay, I feel sick! I hope you can guide and advise me please.

Comment

This has completely shocked me!

Originally posted by albus16 View Post
            Today my husband had his interview for a B2 visa to go on holiday to the USA. After getting an ACRO certificate, making an appointment, paying the $160 MRV, gathering all the documents and filling in the DS160 I decided to do some research on the internet to see what his chances of being granted a visa were. I should explain that he had multiple convictions (6 all together including - threatening words and behaviour, drunk and disorderly and 2 assaults, he also received a 60 day prison sentence for the last of these offences, which was in 2005. He has had no involvement with the police since then - so 8 years). After researching on the internet I had no hope what so ever that he would be granted the visa. There are loads of stories about people being denied visas for only 1 conviction that happened years and years ago, so thought with my husbands history he had no chance. However I must say it was fine and he was granted the B2 visa, no recommendations, no denial, just granted the full 10 year visa! We were surprised and happy! Lots of the threads on the internet (and also many of our friends) said just tick the "no" box on the ESTA when asked if ever been arrested. Lots of people have done this and got away with it, however some people are luckier than others and it depends how big or serious the offences are as to whether you could get away with it. We were not prepared to take the risk of paying thousands of pounds to travel to the USA and get turned away on arrival and given a lifetime ban! We were prepared for being turned down and were of the mind set that even though it would have cost us a lot of money and people would say "told you so, should have just got the ESTA" that we had been honest, had nothing to hide and had done it all properly. We can now travel to the USA without worrying. Every case must be different, however I just thought a success story where the convictions were multiple and involved prison, might make anyone going through the visa process feel a little better unlike how I felt after reading some threads. Good luck.

Although I am really pleased to see that someone got a happy ending, I can't believe this has happened.
            I had my interview at the U.S Embassy in London yesterday and was treated like absolute dirt.
            I thought I was being honest and upfront when applying for my visa and admitted a minor offence from nearly 20 years ago (I had got into a scuffle with another girl and slapped her round the face) and I've never been in trouble since. I was stood in torrential rain for an hour waiting to be allowed in the embassy (my "appointment" was at 8:30 but I didn't get into the building until around 9:30 as they make everyone queue outside) I was then seen quite quickly at the first window to submit my documents and have my fingerprints taken. I was then kept waiting until almost everyone else had been seen to have my "interview".
            The man at the window in front of me could clearly be overheard discussing his previous convictions for a number of offences and yet he walked out of there with a huge smile on his face after being granted a visa. After hearing this I was slightly relieved, believing that my visa would also be granted and that this was just a formality, how wrong I was! The officer barely looked at me and had no interest in my explanation of my offence and seemed to be very inconsiderate of the whole thing. He then said " I have some good and some bad news for you. Unfortunately I am unable to grant your visa via this process"
            I was immediately brought to tears and asked "ok so does this mean I can't go then?" he said " the good news is that you will still be able to travel to the U.S because I am recommending you for the ineligibility waiver" so I was then relieved thinking this meant I would still be able to have a holiday and visit family in November this year. "so I can still go?" I asked him with a relieved look on my face "oh no" he said with a smile "this application takes up to 5 months"
            I then asked if there was any way of appealing the decision or paying to fast track the waiver application only to be told quite abruptly " no there is no appeal system in place and I actually don't have to recommend you for the waiver so think yourself lucky!"
            I have never been so heartbroken and humiliated in all my life and to have my lifes dream of visiting New York denied because of a pathetic thing that happened in my youth is disgusting. The way they treat people is disgusting. People make mistakes for goodness sake, how is it right that I can't go on holiday because of something that happened nearly 20 years ago????

Comment

Originally posted by Mummybear View Post
              Sorry to jump on this but I haven't worked out how to add a new one.

Dear sir/madam

I hope you can help me with some advice, I am currently in a state of panic!

My family and I (myself, my husband and our 7 year old) have booked and paid for a holiday in Orlando in 7 weeks time.

I few months ago I applied for, and had all our ESTA's excepted and confirmed.

this is our second 'Disney Holiday', we went in 2013 without issue.

Yesterday when I was shopping I accidentally omitted to pay for a small low priced Item I missed in my trolley at checkout. the police were called and did not want to proceed, they wanted the shop security to allow me to pay for the item but they wouldn't let me. Finally the police issued me with a fixed penalty notice, they said this was my best option as I couldn't prove I intended to pay. The notice states that signing it and Payment is not an admission of guilt and I will not receive a criminal record however a note will be kept in case of further offence.

so not only am I mortified by he whole 'shoplifting' experience but I am in a panic over our holiday!

Will I get denied entrance to the USA? Will homeland security/Airport control know of my change of circumstance. I already have the ESTA but will they consider I have lied or should have updated the change or should I now apply for a visa and declared the offence, if it is an offence?
              I seem to remember filling out another form on the flight last time asking me if I have ever been arrested...was I arrested.

oh dear god I hope this going to be okay, I feel sick! I hope you can guide and advise me please.
              Well, in this situation I think you should contact skilled criminal defense attorney. I know criminal defense law firm: http://www.fastexpunctions.com/. They will surely help you out from this situation. I am suggesting you their name because they have helped my family 5 years back.

And, don't panic. Good Luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X