Affidavit Explanation Example???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit Explanation Example???

Now I am US Citizen; Since I do not have my old India Passport, this is the response I got from OCI Office:
    Attach a notarized affidavit explaining what happened to the Indian passport, that you were born in India on................, that you were Indian citizen till ...................., that you have never held any other nationality other than India and US.
    My Question : Does anyone have good example of Affidavit Letter? I would appreciate a sample.

Thanks.

Does anyone have copy of an affadevit that I could see please.

Thanks.

Comment

Affidavit example

Here is a sample of wording for someone who has lost or misplaced their passport etc. This is only a suggested wording, but it has been used successfully. Your lawyer should advise you of the appropriate amendments to suit your case. Hope this helps.

AFFIDAVIT

I, Tim Tom of 5 India Road New York 1015 [Birmingham B12 AEB, UK] do solemnly affirm and state as follows:

1. I was born in Bombay, India on the tenth of May nineteen fifty-five and was previously an Indian Citizen by birth.

2. I subsequently migrated to the United States of America [United Kingdom]on the fifteenth June nineteen eighty-five and was a naturalised as a US [UK]citizen on first November nineteen ninety-six

3. At the time of Naturalisation as a United States [British] Citizen I submitted my old Indian passport to the United States Immigration Office [United Kingdom Home Office] and had the same has not being returned to date

4. I have never misused my Indian passport by retaining it for more than 3 years nor renewed it nor travelled beyond the grace period of 3 months after acquisition of British nationality

5. Other then my US [UK] nationality I do not hold any other nationality. I am currently in process of applying for the registration as an overseas citizen of India

I BELIEVE THAT THE FACTS IN THIS AFFIDAVIT ARE TRUE TO THE BEST OF MY INFORMATION, KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF

Signed…………………………………………….. Dated…………………………..

Comment

Thanks

The sample the you gave is great! Thank you for that info. With regards to a lawyer, do you mean an indian lawyer? The reason I ask is that I would need something
        similar to this as my father who naturalized in 1983 went to India without a Visa and using his Indian Passport. As he got the
        stamp to go into India he went back to the Indian Immigration officer and told him what happened. The officer put a stamp on his american passport and impounded his
        indian passport. We dont want to lie on the affidevit so we may be able to modify this language to suit our needs.

Comment

Affidavit Example

You will have to use a Notary Public from your country of residence for the affidavit because it is the country (nationality) from which you are making the application. The Indian High Commission should be able to specify this.

Comment

Affidavit Example for British Citizen who surrendered their old Indian Passport

The Indian High Commission is well known for harrassing its own Indian citizens. To be quite honest if people in UK did not have relatives in India, they would never go back to that country and suffer the humiliation and embarassment that the Indian High Commission subjects them to.

In an affidavit you can swear anything (Even TOTAL LIES) and then pay the solicitor his fees of £80 to £100 to sign your statement. It is completely meaningless yet the Indian High Commission makes its overseas citizens pay for this useless service to confirm that their Indian passport was kept by the British High Commission when they registered as British Citizen.

Here is what you do if you are in UK, type up this template, with your details wherever appropriate, then phone around your area to find a notary - avoid the big solicitors as they will charge up to £100 for signing this silly document, instead find a one man band solicitor and he may do it for you for £40 or £50. Then give it to the scumbags in the Indian High Commission so that they accept it:
            ===============================

AFFIDAVIT

I Goondo Sudhapodia Harami of 4 Brandon Avenue, Kenton, Harrow HA3 8GH, United Kingdom, do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:

That in June 1972, I made an application for registration as citizen of United Kingdom and colonies to the British High Commission in Nairobi, Kenya.

That at the time of my application as a citizen of United Kingdom, I was required to surrender my Indian passport.

That I was granted citizenship of the United Kingdom on 14th July, 1972 and my Indian passport was not returned to me but retained by the British High Commission in Nairobi, Kenya.

That since then, I have had no other passports other than my British one and that I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.

Declared at: …..Kenton….(write by hand)
            By:……………….(put your name here)
            Signed:………………….. (sign here)

Before me:……………………………………………….(name of authorised notary)

On…………………………………… (date here)

Signed:…………………………………. (signature of notary)

Official Rubber Stamp or Seal of Notary.................................................

==========================

Good Luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X