No announcement yet.

Can Indian citizen get UK visa from US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Indian citizen get UK visa from US?

I am US citizen of Indian origin residing in New Jersey. My parents are going to visit me from India for a few months in the summer. They would like to stopover for a week in London on their way back to India. Given their schedule and other considerations, it would be more convenient for us if they can apply for a UK visa while they are here in the US. Can this be done? What is the procedure?

Thanks for any tips.

did your parents get UK visa?

Hi,
    can you please update what action was taken on this regard and were you able to send your parents from USA to UK.

I too planning to send my Wife and daughter to UK. they dont have Visa for UK and trying to apply in USA
    my questions are
    1) My Sister is staying in UK and can my family apply for UK Visa from USA
    2) Currently i am in USA on L1 Visa and my wife on L2.
    3) if you know what documents are required for this would help me a lot.

thanks in Advance,
    Lohith...

Comment

UK visit visas are simple to get. Just provide as much as financial ties and social ties to the country from which you are applying. Also your status in USA would be helpful to show. All further information is avaliable on UKBA website.

My sister-in-law visited us in the UK from USA and she got her visas from the time of posting to the time she received them in 5 working days.

Good luck.

Comment

You should have the following documents when applying to visit the United Kingdom as a visitor:

- a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work;

(The letter which I used was the first letter I got from my employer offering me a job which stated my start date and my salary)

- evidence of any property you own in your home country or in the US (lease agreement can be a supporting document)
        I didn't send any such document but I would suggest sending a copy of lease agreement. This would support your application since you have an obligation to fulfill the agreement.

- If they have traveled to the UK before make sure that you make this obvious on the application. You say "we have traveled to the UK before and enjoyed the country and would like to visit again (the British like people who suck up to them or people who praise the country).

-If you have other separate saving account from India or in the US get a copy of the account and send it as further supporting documents along with your current account. British immigration officials wants to be convinced that you are not intending to stay in the country for any purpose other than visiting.

Be VERY VERY organized! It it always helpful to write a one page memo stating that you work in the US and you enjoy your work thoroughly and you would like your family to spend a two or three weeks vacation with their British relatives. You should also state that you are sending your family to shop for clothes and shoes (this way they like the fact that you are contributing to the British economy).

-Get an invitation letter from your sister which should include that your wife and kids will be staying with her for 2 or 3 weeks. If your sister visited the US whilst you guys have been living in the US make mention of this on the application form itself and in the memo. I would suggest you type the invitation letter and send it to her. In the letter, it should appear that your sister LOVES your wife and children dearly and would like them to have a great experience in England.

-It is very helpful to elevate your job or social status by stating what capacity you work in and your educational background (I told them that I studied a graduate and post graduate degree and sent pictures to prove it)...it's a way of boasting that you really dont want you or your family to stay in the UK because you are valued elsewhere. The British are very arrogant in this regard and like people who are very qualified academically because they are least like to overstay.

-Send a copy of your social security card and a copy of your wife's social security card as well. The purpose is to prove you are legitimately employed in the US and have legal status there.

-I assume you work in an office or a moderately organized environment. If not, see how organized secretaries and assistants are. This is exactly how organised your application and supporting documents should be. For example, attach all the applicant passports together with a click. Staple all pages of the same bank statements, staple all pages of the lease agreement and so on.

-Your memo should start similar to this:

"The purpose of this memo is to confirm, support and reference the documents enclosed in application for a multiple entry visa to the United Kingdom. Please find enclosed 2 (the number of passports) of applicants Joe Block and Mary Block (applicant's names). Please also find enclosed attached bank statement of the account we hold at Bank of _______. " Please note this can also be done in bullet points which is a better approach.

Send as many supporting documents as possible which would convince the caseworker that you are a qualified applicant who would not abuse your chances of visiting the UK. Once again be very organised!! If you are not very organised it could be interpreted as either an overwhelming application which doesn't warrant an approval or it could appear that you dont have clear case as to why you should be granted a visa.

Send an itinerary of travel that you can print from one of the websites. DO NOT PURCHASE AIR TICKET!!!!

Good luck with the applications and hope your family have a great trip.

Comment

Can USA non-residents apply for UK Visitor visa ?

My parents are coming to US and were planning to visit UK from here .

They are planning to apply for a visit Visa to UK in USA .
          They are from India and they just have a US Visitor visa and are non-resident in USA, So can they apply for UK Visitor VISA in USA ?

Please help me by answering . I tried consulting the worldbridge service but all I get is a cryptic diplomatic reply . I just need a simple answer of yes or no .

Thanks
          Subbu

Comment

Apply UK visa in USA

Hi,
            We are following the instructions on the website for my parents Indian citizens applying for UK visa for a tourism visit.
            My parents were given appointments for biometric data collection, and we selected by mail option..

It says we have to mail the original passports. Anyone who has been through this process comment on how safe this is?

They are indian citizens, and their indian passports are the only identification they have.

Anyone who has been through this please help by commenting about your experience. Appreciate it.

Comment

Can Indian citizen get UK visa from US?

Hi,

Can any one of you let me know if you got UK Visitors Visa processed from USA. My Parents are visiting me in USA and they would like to visit UK on their way back to India. Can you kindly let me know the process to apply for UK Visitors Visa from USA for Indian citizens. any help will be greatly appreciated. Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

Could you please let me know if anybody had successfully applied for UK visitor visa from US for parents. Really appreciate any help or guidelines regarding the same.

Regards,
                sandeep.

Comment

Hi,

I'm eager to get the same information.

"Could you please let me know if anybody had successfully applied for UK visitor visa from US for parents. Really appreciate any help or guidelines regarding the same."

Thanks
                  Piyush

Originally posted by vanj View Post
                  I am US citizen of Indian origin residing in New Jersey. My parents are going to visit me from India for a few months in the summer. They would like to stopover for a week in London on their way back to India. Given their schedule and other considerations, it would be more convenient for us if they can apply for a UK visa while they are here in the US. Can this be done? What is the procedure?

Thanks for any tips.

Comment

Has anyone been able to get an answer to the below question? I am also in the same situation.

Originally posted by piyustud View Post
                    Hi,

I'm eager to get the same information.

"Could you please let me know if anybody had successfully applied for UK visitor visa from US for parents. Really appreciate any help or guidelines regarding the same."

Thanks
                    Piyush

Comment

Hi

I am in similar situation. Was anyone able to get this processed from USA for their parents.
                      Please advise.
                      Thanks.

Originally posted by shray View Post
                      Hi,

Can any one of you let me know if you got UK Visitors Visa processed from USA. My Parents are visiting me in USA and they would like to visit UK on their way back to India. Can you kindly let me know the process to apply for UK Visitors Visa from USA for Indian citizens. any help will be greatly appreciated. Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you.

Comment

Yes. Indian Citizens can Apply for UK Visa from USA

Originally posted by aarchi28 View Post
                        I am in similar situation. Was anyone able to get this processed from USA for their parents.
                        Please advise.
                        Thanks.
                        Yes, Indian Citizens can apply UK Visa from USA. Create an account for each applicant on https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk, and it will guide you through the instructions. It's pretty Easy.

Once you fill up your online application,
                        *you'll be asked to pay $130 (Short Term Tourist Visa)
                        * then select Appointment for Fingerprinting & Photograph (Done at ASC - through USCIS)
                        * Collect All the Supporting Documents (US Visa/ Financials / Travel Itinerary/ Travel History . The Application will also offer a checklist in the end at the time of submitting)
                        * Once the Fingerprinting & Photographs are done, send all your documents & Passport to

UK Visas & Immigration
                        British Consulate General
                        845 Third Avenue
                        New York

* You can use any Courier Service to send documents/ Passport to UK Consulate but they ask for only a UPS Return Label for them to send back your passport.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Do you know what the earliest a foreign national in the US can obtain the VISA? Can a foreign national apply for priority visa in the US?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X